586,635 active members*
3,334 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > BobArt for Sign making?
Page 2 of 2 12
    BobCAD Brian Guest

Photo Editing - BobART

Quote Originally Posted by tjones View Post
    If you are doing just this type of work the Bobart Pro will be great. It will convert the photo for you to greyscale. It will then be able to work well.

As for photo manipulation (Bobart is not going to help here) you can get very nice stuff for free. I would suggest using a free program called Inkscape for one. It has many plugins for effects and can vectorize as well.

If you decide not to use Bobart then try VCarve. I would not give much hope to most of the free 'photo to tool path' programs out there. They do not do a very good job from what I have saw.
    As far as free photo manipulation software I would definately say GIMP is my favorite. If you're familiar with Photoshop you will pick up GIMP very quickly. Either way, if you have a good photo editing program and BobART you can accomplish some pretty cool work..I've seen great results!

And be sure to get all the little free tools for gimp as well.

www.gimp.org has been good to me. That is a fantastic program!

As for BobArt Pro-X, I just installed it today. I have lots to learn. So far, it appears to be very easy to use for relief cutting of pictures.

However, I've not set up the post processor, so I have not cut material yet. That will be very soon. I'll post again with pictures from a newbie.

I really like the integration of BobArt Pro-X and V21. It's great to go back and forth seamlessly.

We'd like to see your progress.

Cheers!!
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

I'm just getting started with a cnc router. What feed rates are you using? What type of wood are you cutting? Do you have any recommendations/charts for feeds and speeds when cutting different woods? Also, I'm sure the size/type of cutter has an affect too. Any advice would be appreciated.

Page 2 of 2 12