OK this sucks cause it happened on a friday night.

new machine been go through completely. had for 7 days ran 3 days just playing around, last night the spindle will running at 8k just slows way way down to about 1k rpms then kicked back on to 8k No alarms nothing.

The spindle load monitor should NO LOAD at all. the spindle speed adjustment didn't work at all while is was dwindling down in rpms.

happened three more times , so I said *^&* and went home, read this site this am and checks fans wire connections everything. fire it back up this morning ran for about 20 mins same thing. tried different rpms same thing.

took off air cleaner off the top of the motor to make sure I was getting free air through it and let spindle run same problem at 4k rpms, had the same problem.

if I touch the motor its warm (normal warm)but not hot.

about 20 mins ago it did the same thing, this time I let it go way down and finally got a overload alarm. you could hear the motor pulsing just a tad ( rpms on the baldor spindle display in back of machine showed a about 100 rpms pulsing) I shut the machine off , fired it back up and for the last 15 mins its been running at 1500rpms with no problems.
I did get a alarm on the led display on the drive this time( but when typeing this I forgot what it was go figure ) and the screen said motor overload this time. never got one before
it has a baldor drive with rigid tapping.

It almost sounds like a wire is loose,( because the speed adjustment knob has no control nor does spindle load meter work when it goes into this state) , when it was running and doing the problems this morning I touched every single wire.

Any ideas?

Delw