586,164 active members*
3,172 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > General Mill purchasing question.

General Mill purchasing question.

Do dealers/manufacturers (HASS in particular) offer discounts for purchasing mills at trade shows? I’ve decided on the mill I’m going to purchase, but was wondering if it would be advantageous to purchase it at a trade show coming up in my area.

It's been my experience that they do. At least at IMTS and the Dayton Trade show. Usually you can get all kinds of upgrades (bar feeders, extra memory, etc.). They've always worked with us. Sometimes, when you gat a quote at a show, they'll honor it for a short time after the show is over. So you can think about it. That's how we got our FlowJet. We got a larger pump, some software and free rigging for the same price as just the machine. Even if you're not in the market at the time, it's always a good idea to see what kind of deal you can get.

Thanks, sounds like it may be worth the short wait...

I would definatley wait. Especially if you're buying new. It's like buying a new car. If you show up with cash, they'll bend over backwards to get the sale!

Typically, yes. Especially when the factory is far away. Factories already paid freight to get the machine to the show. They are happy to not pay freight to return the machine to inventory.

You also have the advantage of seeing "your" machine first hand and can inspect for damage and features. And you can often negotiate tooling packages because the tooling reps are at the show as well.

Cool, thanks guys. That was what I wanted to hear. I can wait a few months if I can get a good deal.