586,753 active members*
7,271 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Whats going on with the TORMACH warehouse?
Page 5 of 6 3456

Re: Whats going on with the TORMACH warehouse?

Quote Originally Posted by bfnt77 View Post
    All of those reasons are what attracted me to Tormach in the first place. I like the idea of being able to do all maintenance and repairs myself. I suppose I could always just order an extra spindle to keep on the shelf and call it good.
    Pretty much. Once I had to work one one a little, I saw how incredibly simple it was. The electronics are fairly straight forward and the schematics are easy to follow. Spindles can be re-ground and bearings easily found. But having an extra one would be a good idea. Let's say the company tanks, I am fairly certain several companies would fill the spare parts void over-night. Barring the electronics, my Bridgeport mills ar way more complex to work on and they are fairly simple.

honestly,, I highly doubt they are in a death spiral, they have been growing quite well these last couple years, seems unlikely they would just start to tank...
    and even if they did, so what? what part of my mill can't be bought somewhere else? or made? really not a bid deal...
    besides, they are putting out new videos all the time, if they were really tanking, I would think the video budget would be the first to go...
    NOTE:As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Seebold View Post
    Ugh, you guys talking about snow makes me cold just reading about it.

My PCNC1100 is in my garage in San Clemente, California where on a "really cold day the temperature might dip all the way down to 52 degrees.

I like it here. The weather here never gets cold enough for me to wear long pants or long sleeve shirts. I haven't worn long pants in over 15 years and I see no reason to start any time soon.
    my 1100 is out in my non-heated shed... you really don't want to know how cold it can get there... when I first started looking at tormach, you people told me that properly mixed coolant wouldn't freeze...
    ha! Mother Nature showed you!.... I tend to stay indoors and do cad/cam when it is cold...

but hey, there is no law here that says you can't wear shorts/short sleeve shirts... you may get frostbite, but that is your choice if that is what you want!
    NOTE:As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeWhatLost View Post
    honestly,, I highly doubt they are in a death spiral, they have been growing quite well these last couple years...
    They have also hired quite a few new staff this year, and post new job announcements quite frequently.

Hopefully one of their hires will solve their recent CS phone issues and warehouse issues.
    Tim
    Tormach 1100-3, Grizzly G0709 lathe, Clausing 8520 mill, SolidWorks, HSMWorks.

Quote Originally Posted by tmarks11 View Post
    Tormach has seemed to have a long standing company policy NOT to participate in CNC Zone. Greg Jackson (RIP) would occasionally comment.
    Andy has commented once in a while, too. This would be a good time for one of them to pipe up and calm down potential customer's fears.

Ugh, you guys talking about snow makes me cold just reading about it.

My PCNC1100 is in my garage in San Clemente, California where on a "really cold day" the temperature might dip all the way down to 52 degrees.

I like it here. The weather here never gets cold enough for me to wear long pants or long sleeve shirts. I haven't worn long pants in over 15 years and I see no reason to start any time soon.
    Dang Steve rub it in! BTW I've been to your very nice little town twice now (my daughter goes to a surf camp down by the power plant every summer)

Quote Originally Posted by SomeWhatLost View Post
    honestly,, I highly doubt they are in a death spiral, they have been growing quite well these last couple years, seems unlikely they would just start to tank...
    and even if they did, so what? what part of my mill can't be bought somewhere else? or made? really not a bid deal...
    besides, they are putting out new videos all the time, if they were really tanking, I would think the video budget would be the first to go...
    I'm more than just a little bit sure they're not "Tanking." What we're seeing here is just a whole lot of poorly managed growth. Unfortunately it appears that they've let it go for to long without stepping up to the plate and admitting it to any or all who follow their progress or who are considering the purchase of their products.

If they come forward and admited their shortcomings now it could affect future purchases and if they stay silent about their present circumstance it could just as easily affect future purchases of their machines and anything else they're selling. It's not a good place to be as a business enterprise. Eventually they'll come out of this business funk but for the time being it's going to suck to be Tormach.

MetalShavings

Quote Originally Posted by Paul-JB View Post
    Dang Steve rub it in! BTW I've been to your very nice little town twice now (my daughter goes to a surf camp down by the power plant every summer)
    Next time you come through, stop by and I'll buy you a cup of coffee or a soda. Sorry, no beer. I quit drinking 30 years ago. Don't even keep it around anymore.
    You can buy GOOD PARTS or you can buy CHEAP PARTS, but you can't buy GOOD CHEAP PARTS.

Sorry, no beer. I quit drinking 30 years ago. Don't even keep it around anymore.
    that is just horrible, I couldn't even imagine living like that... you have my deepest sympathies...

"If I don't go out drinking tonight I’ll wake up in the morning all bright eyed and bushy tailed, and who the hell wants to go through life acting like a goddamn squirrel"
    anyway, hope you get better soon...

Placed an order on Sunday night and had tracking numbers 36hrs later. Looks like they are getting some traction in the warehouse!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottDW View Post
    Placed an order on Sunday night and had tracking numbers 36hrs later. Looks like they are getting some traction in the warehouse!
    Good, I was hoping to order 20 er holders this week.

I ordered a couple of small parts via the web store Monday and got electronic confirmation that evening. Today UPS notified me to expect the delivery tomorrow, so delivery seems to be running 2 days longer than I used to get. Not terrible, but I liked the quicker delivery of the "olden" days and once in a while quick delivery was job critical..

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelHenry View Post
    I ordered a couple of small parts via the web store Monday and got electronic confirmation that evening. Today UPS notified me to expect the delivery tomorrow, so delivery seems to be running 2 days longer than I used to get. Not terrible, but I liked the quicker delivery of the "olden" days and once in a while quick delivery was job critical..

Well, that sure is a hell of a lot better than a few months ago. So maybe they are finally getting everything in order.

The parts I ordered Monday evening showed up today via UPS and the return address is in a different town than Tormach's offices and showroom. Does anyone know if they outsourced the warehouse or just ran out of room in their current building and moved the operation to new space? The new location is about 75 miles away from the showroom so it sounds like a straight outsourcing.

Ordered parts this morning, have shipping confirmation and tracking number a few hours later.

Looks like (hopefully) things are back on track.

WW

Friday last week I ordered an 1100 with stand, enclosure, atc, etc... I got pro# for 3 crates from Tormach today & so far everything has shipped from Wisconsin.

Wormwood

My RT arrived on time.

Ordered 1100 with Enclosure, 4th axis & ATC 1 month ago & I am still being told that items are on back order, problem being is that every week the items keep changing that are on "back order", so far it has been very poor service with only half of the e-mails getting any response...

Quote Originally Posted by GCCNC View Post
    Ordered 1100 with Enclosure, 4th axis & ATC 1 month ago & I am still being told that items are on back order, problem being is that every week the items keep changing that are on "back order", so far it has been very poor service with only half of the e-mails getting any response...
    I keep trying to order a Rapid Turn but parts keep being back-ordered. All of this is really starting to weigh heavily on my thoughts of going with the AutoMateCNC FL300 II instead of the Slant Pro...... I hate it! I'm hoping that they can pull things together soon.
    The Body Armor Dude - Andrew

I just noticed that the 6" chuck for the Slant Lathe is also on "back-order". wha???

Page 5 of 6 3456