586,690 active members*
2,974 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 19 of 19 9171819
    It has been a while, all is going well with me. I am enjoying CNC'ing as a hobby. Always trying to come up with new ideas on ideas to pay for it .

How's things begin going with you, I heard you were designing a new machine. I followed it for a while then for some reason the threads stopped getting forwarded to me. Hope all worked out for you.

Things are good thanks.

I'm not sure which machine that was? If it was the successor to my Solsylva, made from hardwood, then I finished it and its working away happily in an enclosure with limits hooked up, vacuum extraction (Which doesn't work well! :lol: ) etc etc, and a few hundred hours of use and counting!

I've been busy working on my pricing program at the moment and a lot of non-woodwork related personal things, so it hasn't been used much since Christmas, but hopefully in another two weeks I can get back to it, I have a couple of jobs lined up for February so I'm looking forward to that and getting back out into the workshop.

L8rs.

Yup that's the machine. Glad to hear it is working for you. you check out my dust collector, I love it, easy removal, great suction even with shorter cutters.

Buzz, I might be doing something wrong, but when I click on your link "plans.zip", I get a page not found error.

thanks for any help,
    Doug

Sorry DougO... I think it is the same problem I found a while ago. IE and other browser work differently. IE allows for delta paths where as others such as Firefox require a Fully Qualified path. Pain in the butt. Think I have it fixed now, give it a try now.

That did it. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully this will work. Dust collection is the biggest problem I have.

thanks again,
    Doug

Excellent, a few things to note:

The use of the adaptor is based on me having fat sides on my router mount (you can review my online photos).

Sides of the section which stablizes the vacuum hose are nut cut out with the rest of the parts I cut them on the table saw with a piece of scrap.

You might want to test the size of the hole for the vacuum house with your hose size. I have it VERY tight so that I don't need to screw it in. Takes a lot of effect to insert the vacuum hose into the hole.

Best of luck... let me know how it goes.

Will do. Thanks again.

Yeah I saw the dust collector, it looks great. I'll probably copy it when I have room for a larger extractor.

As you are all aware I have had problems with my tool changer and with my new dust collector I no longer need it. I am going to put the tool changer up for sale. I have set a price for less than the collets alone. If you are interested check it out at www.cncmachine.familyphillips.ca.

How thick is your air defuser?

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz9075 View Post
    Ya the 1" is for mouting it on the machine.

Attached is the DXF, but for reference all I did was delete the bottom two holes and moved the bottom up by 3". I plan on drilling the hole through the router side so I can use the long bolt from the front to the back rather than the short one from the back to the front (which would remove the requirement for the extra pocket in the back).
    Buzz,
    I'm wondering how thick you made your air defuser? 1/4 or 1/2 inch thick? (12 or 25 mm?). Seems that if it's to thick, it will interfere with the collet wrenches.
    Dave

The thickness is perfect. Actually it turns out that when you put the top wrench on the screw heads stop if from spinning so you are almost free to only operate the bottom wrench and leave the top wrench alone. The thickness I believe is .31" to check for sure check the Z value of the big circle. This cicle is used to face the part (.31"-confirm this) as well as cut it out (z0)

Page 19 of 19 9171819