586,108 active members*
2,941 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: BobArt help

BobArt help

What's the best method for machining this path emboss in Bobart? It's aprox 5in X 2.5in... V cutter? I'm having trouble with the setup inside of Bobare specifically. Anyone have experience using it? How would you set this up to mahcine on a .25 X 6 X 3 in part for example? I'm just about ready to eat the pages of the bobart manual to get some more substance from them :-)

Zipped file to get it to fit on the post -
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Dfennell View Post
    What's the best method for machining this path emboss in Bobart? It's aprox 5in X 2.5in... V cutter? I'm having trouble with the setup inside of Bobare specifically. Anyone have experience using it? How would you set this up to mahcine on a .25 X 6 X 3 in part for example? I'm just about ready to eat the pages of the bobart manual to get some more substance from them :-)

Zipped file to get it to fit on the post -
    Have you posted here http://cadcamtrainer.com/forums/index.php and here http://216.117.147.20/bobcadsupport/forums/index.php too?

I bought BobArt ProX to play with but haven't done that much with it. Try posting in those forums and someone will be able to help you. Actually most of those members are here too but it is best to post you question everywhere.

Is this what you want? Follow this link http://cadcamtrainer.com/forums/show...3&postcount=58

The Zip I saved wouldn't upload here so I put it on Sorin Nenu's Forum CAD/CAM Trainer. I think your a member already but if you aren't, just register . Your file is waiting for you. I hope you have a fast internet connection because the zip is 3.16MB.

Don't understand why it wouldn't load here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Iron Maiden Eddy.jpg   failed upload.JPG  
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Thanx Tpby, I'll go log on over there and check it out ( and make a post). The Bobart portion of the the program has been a bit tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfennell View Post
    Thanx Tpby, I'll go log on over there and check it out ( and make a post). The Bobart portion of the the program has been a bit tricky.

Yes it is. I really never use it but sure someone out there does that can really help you a lot.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Bobart

Hi,

I am having great difficulty with Bobart. I am running v24 and trying to go from a photograph to a toolpath. Nothing that I do seems to work. I am familiar
    with BC but Bobart just does not work for me.

I have the video series on Bobart but they do not show anything being done with a photograph. Is there something available, that I have not found, that will show me how to go from a PHOTOGRAPH ( I am not shouting, just emphasizing )to a toolpath?

Thanks,

Ernie

Here is an example at the simplist level.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1L3TADKxJA"]YouTube - simple bobart[/nomedia]

This is V23 but i dont think anything has changed..

The yellow surface created you can think of like a regular surface...(Just cant do geometry operations on it, like cutting and such)

Toolpath it with something like a slice planar...