587,008 active members*
3,197 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > V28 printing individual sections of a drawing

Hybrid View

Re: V28 printing individual sections of a drawing

Thanks Burrman, I had to bump each section around to get it onto the printed page that seems centered around x0,y0. Changed line width to 3 to get it dark enough for the old eyes to see. But you gotter done for me. Is the view port something special or just what I see when I zoom in and translate each part to be around x0,y0? If I just drew window around to enlarge it wouldn't print that section, unless translated over to x0,y0. Thanks, rob

Quote Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
    Is the view port something special or just what I see when I zoom in and translate each part to be around x0,y0? If I just drew window around to enlarge it wouldn't print that section, unless translated over to x0,y0. Thanks, rob
    Hey rob. By "viewport" i'm talking about the drawing/cad cam area in bobcad.

printing and sizing can get tricky when trying to do anything other than 1:1

Screen resolution. Zoom. Size of bobcad window. Paper size selection and orientation, etc.

bobcad will resize (zoom) your drawing on a vertical resize, but not HORIZONTAL. so if you want to draw an 8.5x11 rectangle for reference, that can help you "cheat it", but it will still be a different size (on screen) on my 30 inch monitor (resolution and monitor specs all included) than on a 24", cheap one.

you have to do a bunch of math calcs/research monitor specs to get closer to "150 pixels of screen (on my 120 lines per inch monitor) equals 1 actualinch on 8.5x11 paper.

even then its a variable with your printer. There are very expensive plotters that help with that part, and software printers (the computer printer).

You can get a more robust option, for FREE by using something like autodesk's design review or trueDWG and digging into "plotting", but, i like what little hair i have left. If your not doing this at a pro level (not BETTER, just everyday and scrutinized by masses), then by all means.... TURN AND RUN!

Re: V28 printing individual sections of a drawing

Burrman, turn and run from printing in BC or from the free ones? I'm thinking of just buying a simple printer to hook up to my XP ACAD computer just to print the few drawings I do in a year. rob

Quote Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
    Burrman, turn and run from printing in BC or from the free ones? I'm thinking of just buying a simple printer to hook up to my XP ACAD computer just to print the few drawings I do in a year. rob
    Turn and run from the plotting options. But i forgot you said you have acad experience, which has plotting system built in (acad also the "free ones" i mentioned)

You can share the printer also. Sending dwg's to then print from the old workhorse.