586,369 active members*
3,199 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > HAAS TM Model Mills - Coolant System

HAAS TM Model Mills - Coolant System

Hey everyone, I looking to upgrade my standard 5 gallan coolant tank that comes with the TM mills to a lager tank. About 20 Gallons. I would like to be able to use my Pump that came with the system and the screen. Is there anyone who makes a larger tank that would work for this?

Thanks in advance.

Josh
    PTPmfg.com

Cool tank upgrade

We had ours custom made by a sheet metal shop. It works great. we reused the pump that came with the original.
    Rules of my Road: Don't do what you will regret! Never regret anything you do!

Gandalf,

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I've been looking around for one for a while now. I talked it over with the shop that does all of our fab work and I think we may make our own. I think I'll sketch up some plans and 3d a tank out in CAD and post some pictures. Maybe if I decide to make one i'll make a few and see if anyone else could use one.

Thanks

Josh
    ptpmfg.com

Getting one made custom is the way to go, the old pump should work fine as Gandalf said.

I hate how small the coolant tanks are on the TM series, its such a pain in the ass. Its even worse with the TL series lathes, you need a pail full ready at all times because it leaks everywear and is super tiny.

You might try a water or waste water tank at your local boating store. They come in a variety of sizes and shapes.

Rick