Hello all,

I want to do a tune up on my HF X2 as I have a few thing going on. I want to get this thing converted to CNC, but before I do I want to make sure she's worthy of the job. I bought it back in August 06 at a very nice deal. I was given a VERY GOOD deal since I complained they didn't have any clamping system for sale. I was told if I paid $435.00 they would through in the 2 year unconditional replacement warranty. So I jumped on it! :wave:

Anyhow, I have used it a few times and I noticed a few things that I want to address so I can see if it will need to get replaced or modified.

1). I can wiggle the table on the Y axis in the middle of the Y travel but it does not at the ends of the Y travel.

Is this normal? I think it's in excess.

2). The fine tuning wheel, it has a rough spot on it. When I turn it, it always has a tight spot in the same place on the wheel. It seems like it has a bent shaft or something. I removed the cover and it has 2 shafts with a u-joint so I know the shaft(s) are not bent.

What could cause this?

Is there a tutorial on ripping this machine apart and doing a complete tune up on it?

Are things to look out for, and mandatory modifications or tweek's?

Another thing, are there any recommendations on the controller?

Whats the better one or differences between Xylotex v HobbyCNC?

Does it really matter?

Thanks in advance
Bill