587,006 active members*
3,067 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Turn/mil Post

Hi all,

Anyone willing to share a turn/mill post ? Lathe with live tooling & a sub spindle.
    Have a few days to try out the software but the main reason I got the few day trial from the re-seller was to try out the turn/mill on the software. Asked the re-seller for a post but was told they are only sold. Smh... I figured I would also get a post to see the code. What good is it to be able to post but not have the post?

How's that work? Anyways if someone would kindly share i'd appreciate the help. Looks like the software has definitely improved through out the years.

Re: Turn/mil Post

Lenny

When you open the new V29 software there is an option to select either a new document or an existing one, select a new document and on the list on the left select "Mill Turn" and BobCAD will automatically set a default Mill Turn Post Processor for you, there is a drop down list you can select from or you can right click on the one shown and then select from the PP library, there are 8 Post Processors in there so I don`t see why you would have to buy one.

Try speaking to BobCAD direct

Not being familiar with Mill Turn machines but it looks to me that the PP BC_2T_2S_5xBCPst would cover what you need, I am guessing that PP covers 2 turning turning heads for 2 spindles with 5 axis which should cover driven tools I would think

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:

Quote Originally Posted by The Engine Guy View Post
    Lenny

When you open the new V29 software there is an option to select either a new document or an existing one, select a new document and on the list on the left select "Mill Turn" and BobCAD will automatically set a default Mill Turn Post Processor for you, there is a drop down list you can select from or you can right click on the one shown and then select from the PP library, there are 8 Post Processors in there so I don`t see why you would have to buy one.

Try speaking to BobCAD direct

Not being familiar with Mill Turn machines but it looks to me that the PP BC_2T_2S_5xBCPst would cover what you need, I am guessing that PP covers 2 turning turning heads for 2 spindles with 5 axis which should cover driven tools I would think

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:
    The Engine Guy,

Appreciate the info. I will download the trial version the re-seller has sent me and see if that option is available. I only have a few days to test this version so want to spent the most time I can trying the software out and taking a look how the post processing portion works in compliance to the software and of course taking a look at all the new features as well. I've already purchased V27, before mill-turn was available. The software works great but isn't as versatile as the primary software I use (Gibbscam).