This is a shot in the dark, but is anyone here knowledgeable about the Fincor ACE KL series Inverter VFD? I purchased two of these units as New Old Stock (one for use, one as backup) to run my Shoptask and replace the two ¾ hp single phase motors with two ¾ hp 3 phase motors. Everything went well for the first 10 hours or so (on the lathe), then the VFD started kicking out with an over amperage error. It finally got to the point where the motor would just sit there, stutter (barely turn over) and then error out. I connected my backup VFD unit on the other motor (mill) and it worked fine, so I connected it to my lathe motor, where I immediately heard an electrical “snap”. I pulled the lathe motor apart and found that the wiring to the motor had been squeezed in the connector and shorted out one leg. Neither of these VFDs show any errors when connected with no loads, but when connected, the first VFD will run a motor with a lot of vibration for a couple of times, then it will just make the motor stutter. The second unit will just error out as soon as the Run button is pressed with an over amperage error. My question is: are these VFDs dead meat for the garbage or are they reasonably fixable? I have not attempted to check the diodes or the inverter transistors.
Thanks for any information.

Dan Selby, Santa Cruz