586,817 active members*
8,153 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > Hurco Ultimax 3 drip feeding

Hurco Ultimax 3 drip feeding

I've recently become interested in using bobcad to write code for our bmc 30 Hurco 3 axis mill, we've been using the drip feed strategy on an Mori Seiki MV Junior for a while however the machine has gotten to that, "too old to be worth improving" stage and can only run the 3D stuff slowly. So with our newly found confidence in the whole DNC approach we're optimistic about the Hurco as it is a newer machine.
    So here's the "nitty gritty"
    Hurco BMC 30
    Ultimax 3
    Bobcad CAM
    Baud rate 19200
    Flow Control Xon/Xoff (or Hardware)
    Bits/Data 7
    Stop Bits 1
    Parity Even

I have had success in sending programs to the Hurco memory and internal disk (over 30,000 lines), however I have heard there is a way to drip feed from the computer and a way to drip feed from the hard drive in the control. I would like to be capable of both so I can see just how much the internal drip feeding can handle. I am using a usb to rs-232 adapter, but since I've already sent successfully multiple times I don;t see that my hardware setup poses an issue.

Re: Hurco Ultimax 3 drip feeding

You can drip feed to the hurco. I have two ultimax 2 machines and burned out both of the rs-232 boards in both. I am using a phase converter, and was told this was an issue. Some sort of voltage issue between the rs232 board and the desktop.

I switched to a gizmo from highlands dnc in Florida. I wired this into the power supply on the hurco's, and have had zero problems.

I just load the program onto the USB drive, install it to the gizmo, and read it out, and run.

If you want more info just let me know.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scrambled1 View Post
    You can drip feed to the hurco. I have two ultimax 2 machines and burned out both of the rs-232 boards in both. I am using a phase converter, and was told this was an issue. Some sort of voltage issue between the rs232 board and the desktop.

I switched to a gizmo from highlands dnc in Florida. I wired this into the power supply on the hurco's, and have had zero problems.

I just load the program onto the USB drive, install it to the gizmo, and read it out, and run.

If you want more info just let me know.

Steve

So if I understand correctly you can load a program to a usb, put that usb on the device and the hurco can read from there?

Yes. I am unsure of the file size limitations though.

Steve

I would be interrested to know where I could order such a device, sounds like we could use something like that on more than one machine. Any examples how many lines your larger programs have been?

Call and talk to Jerry at highland dnc in Florida. It was easy to install easy to use. I think it was 250 to 300 dollars.

He builds and sell this.