586,643 active members*
2,652 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Boot up issues

TM-1 mill

It's been giving me issues for some time but with repeated (10-15) re-set and Startup/restarts with usually (No Z Zero) it would finally boot up and function normally for the remainder of on time.
    Today was a first, went through dozens of startup procedures with it finally booting up an functioning normally although this was short lived and soon alarmed out after a few tool set up changes or axis movements.

These are the multiple errors produced by these numerous re-starts, they came in no particular order or sequence.
    Z Zero Ret Mar too small
    Y Limit switch
    X Limit switch
    Z Limit switch
    No Zero Y
    No Zero X
    No Zero Z

Seems quite unlikely all three switches went bad and/or causing trouble suddenly.

I'm open for any ideas or suggestions.

Re: Boot up issues

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Shea View Post
    TM-1 mill

It's been giving me issues for some time but with repeated (10-15) re-set and Startup/restarts with usually (No Z Zero) it would finally boot up and function normally for the remainder of on time.
    Today was a first, went through dozens of startup procedures with it finally booting up an functioning normally although this was short lived and soon alarmed out after a few tool set up changes or axis movements.

These are the multiple errors produced by these numerous re-starts, they came in no particular order or sequence.
    Z Zero Ret Mar too small
    Y Limit switch
    X Limit switch
    Z Limit switch
    No Zero Y
    No Zero X
    No Zero Z

Seems quite unlikely all three switches went bad and/or causing trouble suddenly.

I'm open for any ideas or suggestions.
    A lot of times multiple random errors point to either a bad mocon PCB or a bad/weak low voltage power supply which feeds the mocon with +12, -12, & +5vdc.

First confirm that your low voltage power is good. If that checks okay and with the power off to the machine, unplug and reconnect any connectors you find going to the mocon.
    Then see if the alarms go away.

Let me know how you make out.

Re: Boot up issues

Voltage checked out with in specs, no -12v or +12v went to the mocon but pin voltage was perfect.

Un-plugged/re-plugged every connector on the mocon board but no joy, it did finally boot, need to do some machining so will try and complete that before I shut it down to try booting again.

Thanks much for the input, I'll let you know how the re-boot goes.