586,945 active members*
2,357 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Novakon > Leaky way oil hand pump

Leaky way oil hand pump

The hand lubrication pump that came with my Torus Pro leaks constantly just under gravity pressure with no activity. The leak is coming from the pump itself (not the fittings). I've tried to fix it a couple times, smoothing out the shaft/replacing oring etc. Still leaks. Anyone else have this problem ?. Any good replacement ?. I seem them on E-bay for $30-40, which would be fine. Just want to get a head count on how many leak before I roll the dice on another of the same type. Maybe I just got a bad one.

Thanks,
    Matt.

Re: Leaky way oil hand pump

The lubrication pump on my Pulsar has leaked since I received it a few months back. If leaks a drop or two every day.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by AUSTINMACHINING View Post
    The hand lubrication pump that came with my Torus Pro leaks constantly just under gravity pressure with no activity. The leak is coming from the pump itself (not the fittings). I've tried to fix it a couple times, smoothing out the shaft/replacing oring etc. Still leaks. Anyone else have this problem ?. Any good replacement ?. I seem them on E-bay for $30-40, which would be fine. Just want to get a head count on how many leak before I roll the dice on another of the same type. Maybe I just got a bad one.

Thanks,
    Matt.
    Torus Pro, mine has leaked as you described since about the second week of it being filled up...

IME, the Chinese pumps are pretty much all hit-or-miss on quality. If you want something good, spend the money for a Bijur pump, even a used one.

Regards,
    Ray L.

The pump on our Pulsar leaked also, and the handle broke on the pump on the Torus Pro. Bought 2 of these to replace them:

Manual Hand Pump Oiler for Bridgeport Milling Machine | eBay

So far they work good, no leaks. That seller also sells various elbows, check valves and fittings that fit the port size on the oiler, in case you want to add a valve like I did to shut off the line to the Z-axis so I could give more oil to the ways if needed.
    Attachment 331644

Joe