587,133 active members*
3,026 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Bridgeport Series II Info

Hello to all.
    I just purchased a Bridgeport Series II and would like some info if anyone would.
    I have read the forums here for the last month ever since I decided I want to find a CNC mill.
    I had decided on a Bridgeport and started watching.Tonight I purchased a Series II that has a problem with the table moving real slow.
    I won,t get it home till this weekend then the next problem will be getting it through a 7x9 garage door.
    I am hoping I can take the stepper and spindle drive of to get it through the door.
    Any ideas where to start to get to the bottom of the table drive problem?
    Also what is the HP of the machine plus any source for manuals both operating and maintanace/service.
    Also anyone know if the weight is around 4000lbs.
    I have read about switching boards to see if the problem changes axis and some fuse checks.
    THANKS in advance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4e17_1.jpg  

This is a BOSS 6 in case you need to know. It has stepping motors. Why the X axis would be slow is a bit unusual. If there was mechanical drag, the stepper would stall so the drive electronics must be good. All three axis use the ZCK clock card so that must be OK. The only thing I would check is the mechanical ratio of the X drive.
    Try machinemanuals.net for manuals.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Series 2

Can anyone tell me approx sizes of a series II.I have to get a trailer setup
    to pick up my machine and was wondering the weight ,height and width.
    Do all series II have angle heads that can be swiveled to gain clearance
    to get through a garage door?
    THANKS in advance

Manual says the following:
    Height: 89 inches
    Floor area: 80" by 70"
    Weight: 5000 pounds
    5 KVA

Nothing more specific.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Cool

the head on mine doesn,t swivel. it went through my 8 ft. garage door with 1/4 inch clearance. i think you will have to remove the upper half and lay it on the table to support it . i hope cables are long enough. good lick
    Dar

Series 2

Picked up my BP Series II CNCthis weekend.It was 5 hrs down and back but well worth the trip.The machine is in excellent condition,no marks in the table,ways are great shape,looks like the mill has had an easy life.
    The seller had all 3 manuals so if anyone needs copies of different parts let me know I would gladly make a copy of different pages fro you.
    I am not sure what was done with the tape reader,it was removed and now there is a cable wired from the tape reader plug to a 25 pin female connector.
    I thought you couldn,t drip feed the boss 6 but they were up to something.
    I have the tape reader it was just taken out.
    there is also a switched marked SP on/off,don,t know what that was all about.
    Next project is to take enough off to shorten it 8"s to get it through the door.
    Then I can put power to it and see whats going on with all the axes.
    At first they said x moved slowly but after talking with them more I find all
    axis move slow.
    The spindle motor has been rebuil also the control board for the spindle motor.
    All in all I think I got a good deal on a machine in this good of shape.
    Thanks for all the answers.