586,808 active members*
8,193 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: 2d Cad/cam

2d Cad/cam

I just wanted to find out what most users are using as far as a 2D CAD/CAM system. Has anyone seen what Dolphin CAD/CAM is all about? It's relatively new to North America. No unsatisfied customers still. Seems to be pretty delightful. It's also hobbiest affordable as well.

I used an older version of QCAD which was released under GPL... and then use ACE Converter to convert the cad into Gcode.

Not idea; but free. :rainfro:

Dcad and Sheetcam
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"
    -RedGreen show.

I use BobCad/Cam v.17. It's very simple and easy to use. Has both Cad and Cam. And most importantly, it's very affordable! Best BANG for you Buck!

CAD Software Cross platform

I am using QCAD from ribbonsoft. I bought the professional version for 23 Euros (about $30). Nice thing is for the same price I can use it on my Windows, Linux or Mac (price includes downloads for any system). It is very nice and versatile and quick to get used to. You can also download a time-limited version to give it a shot. It is only 2D and I have had no problems exporting to my DeskCNC program for machining (on an IMService CNC router). The router ships with Vector CAD/CAM but I found that one extremely difficult to use (although has the advantage of being a 3D CAD/CAM package) so I abandonned it for now.

Hope this helps!

I gave up on imservice years ago after Months to promises to fix a produce I purchase from them but they never did.