586,693 active members*
2,751 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

DUMB SH*T UPS DRIVER

I bought 2 Tormach CNC vises that were supposed to be delivered yesterday. The driver delivered one yesterday and he just delivered the other one about 5 minutes ago. Turns out a second vise at 44 pounds were too heavy for him to make a second trip to his truck. I guess his union says he doesn't have to work that hard. Don't ya just love teamsters.

Why is he a dumb sh*t? Because when he got here today, I was sitting in my garage (with the door open) and he looked RIGHT AT ME and he STILL put the vise on the front porch. I even had a place cleared off on a bench for him to put it, but NOPE, he had to leave it on the front porch, which meant he had to carry it even farther.

GO FIGURE!!!!!!!!!!
    You can buy GOOD PARTS or you can buy CHEAP PARTS, but you can't buy GOOD CHEAP PARTS.

Re: DUMB SH*T UPS DRIVER

They do the same thing at my house. I have a nice big farmers porch and the guy repeated leaves my packages out in the rain in a trash bag. I hope the packaging os better on the Tormach vises i had to return one because it went for a ride off the conveyor belt. My current vise is a Glacern 5". Its very nice and came well packaged. Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, I just went out and picked up my new vise off the front porch and now I know why the driver left it there instead of handing it to me.

The box was absolutely destroyed. It looked like it had tumbled down the side of Mount Everest. At least all the parts are there, I'll get it on the machine tomorrow morning to make sure everything works OK.

They sure are a pretty vise. The only thing I can see that would make them better is if they were built backwards, with the fixed jaw on the front like a Quad 1.
    You can buy GOOD PARTS or you can buy CHEAP PARTS, but you can't buy GOOD CHEAP PARTS.

Tormach was super cool when i got my damaged vise and gave me the option to buy it at a discount or get a new one. Considering it had a giant ding in the corner opted for new one. They really do need to add more padding though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did you say anything to him when he looked right at you? Did you wave you hand or gesture in any way? Is he a dumb**** because he didn't read your mind? God damn non-telepaths!

"I had a space cleared off, but failed to communicate that fact in any way. Can you believe the idiot then, as always, left left the package on the PORCH!?"
    Did you want him to "just know" that the package was a vise? "Dumbass UPS driver can't see through cardboard, left package in normal place." You should sell your story to Hollywood.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Seebold View Post
    II was sitting in my garage (with the door open) and he looked RIGHT AT ME and he STILL put the vise on the front porch. I even had a place cleared off on a bench for him to put it...
    UPS drivers in your neighborhood normally carry stuff into your garage and place them on your workbench for you?

What do you give them for Christmas?

I am just happy that they drive all the way up my 200 yard gravel driveway to my house, so I always meet them at the truck.

Anyone else surprised that the UPS driver intentionally throws Steve's deliveries around?
    Tim
    Tormach 1100-3, Grizzly G0709 lathe, Clausing 8520 mill, SolidWorks, HSMWorks.

My UPS driver is real good. He has seen my man lair and the items inside. If something is coming that needs special handling, I just send a text to him. On his days, off he forwards to his relief driver. Same guy for several years.

I've also had really good luck with UPS and they go out of their way to place things out of the rain and orient the box so that the name of something expensive doesn't show from the street. Even FedEx is pretty decent - he's called and made a second stop for me on items that have signature required.

My stuff never gets wet because my UPS driver puts things inside my front door for me when I am not home. He just opens the door, puts the stuff inside and leaves. Darn dog doesn't even do anything. But then again, he is a friend of mine and knows the code for the electronic deadbolt on my door. Helped me raise walls when I built the house.

UPS drivers who deliver to me never last more than about 2 weeks then they' must be off to greener pastures because I never see them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Seebold View Post
    UPS drivers who deliver to me never last more than about 2 weeks then they' must be off to greener pastures because I never see them again.
    I get the same thing here at my place. Most of them seem competent enough but, occasionally I get the nightmare-delivery-guy who really shouldn't be allowed to handle packages. My latest unfortunate incident involving my UPS driver was with the purchase of a set of new tires online. I got the usual email telling me that my packages had been delivered and that they were put on my front porch.

I had taken that day off so that I could be sure to be home when the delivery was made. Most of that day off was spent near the front window of my home. That's where my computer is so I could keep an eye out for him while I got caught up on some emails, book keeping etc. Imagine my surprise when my email notice popped up telling me they had been delivered and were on my front porch. There was nothing on my front porch. He must have come by while I was in the bathroom taking a leak. If so, during that same two-and-a-half minutes, a thief must have also followed right behind him and stolen my new set of tires off of my front porch.

After a frantic call to the UPS customer service ended with their promise to get right back to me, (which they never did) I decided to take a walk up and down my street to check my neighbor's front porches. It's not like this is the first time this has happened to me. I found my new set of tires across the street and two houses down from mine stacked neatly on one of my neighbors front porch.

Some of my neighbors are not what I would call "honorable." If I hadn't found them myself, there's no telling what would have happened to them.

I know what Steve Seebold means when he says, "DUMB SH*T UPS DRIVER." I also know that not all of them are like that.

MetalShavings

I guess I'm lucky.
    I've had the same driver for a couple of years now, and he either hand delivers packages to me when the garage door's open, or leaves stuff hidden on the porch behind the post.
    Nice guy.
    He even gives me the latest gossip about the other home "Shops" in my neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by RussMachine View Post
    I guess I'm lucky.
    I've had the same driver for a couple of years now, and he either hand delivers packages to me when the garage door's open, or leaves stuff hidden on the porch behind the post.
    Nice guy.
    He even gives me the latest gossip about the other home "Shops" in my neighborhood.
    My ups driver is so good looking makes me want to buy more stuff just to see her in action

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindew View Post
    My ups driver is so good looking makes me want to buy more stuff just to see her in action
    I had one of those too for a few months MD. It made me elect for signature delivery when i didn't have to :-). It was a fun cat and mouse game while it lasted.