586,734 active members*
2,831 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Employment Opportunity / RFQ (Request for Quote). > RFQ (Request for Quote) > North America RFQ's > Small aluminum parts- lathe work with cross drill/thread - reoccurring orders

Small aluminum parts- lathe work with cross drill/thread - reoccurring orders

Hey Guys,

I'm looking for quotes for 50,100, & 150. Material is 6061 aluminum hex bar stock .750 across the flats

My drawing may complicate things more than it should, so if you have any questions, please ask. Basically it's knock .015 off the outside diameter, put the 2 hash marks - we were using a cutoff tool that was .093 wide, but something close in width will work. drill 2 bores and cross drill the holes.

My only concerns are that the pieces be centered enough so that the hex edges are taken off in (relatively) equal amounts. With the current ones, sometimes the cutter would hit much more on one side making a large "flat" corner and be barely hitting on the other side.

Secondly, The parts will be anodized so surface condition can't have deep dings or deep jaw marks that sand blasting wont take out.

We have several prototypes that we are looking to move into production with soon too, so we'd really like to form a relationship with a good shop who puts out quality product at a fair price.

Re: Small aluminum parts- lathe work with cross drill/thread - reoccurring orders

Quote Originally Posted by Nutsack View Post
    Hey Guys,

I'm looking for quotes for 50,100, & 150. Material is 6061 aluminum hex bar stock .750 across the flats

My drawing may complicate things more than it should, so if you have any questions, please ask. Basically it's knock .015 off the outside diameter, put the 2 hash marks - we were using a cutoff tool that was .093 wide, but something close in width will work. drill 2 bores and cross drill the holes.

My only concerns are that the pieces be centered enough so that the hex edges are taken off in (relatively) equal amounts. With the current ones, sometimes the cutter would hit much more on one side making a large "flat" corner and be barely hitting on the other side.

Secondly, The parts will be anodized so surface condition can't have deep dings or deep jaw marks that sand blasting wont take out.

We have several prototypes that we are looking to move into production with soon too, so we'd really like to form a relationship with a good shop who puts out quality product at a fair price.
    Nut,
    Very interested in quoting this and any of your other production work. We are a contract manufacturer in Nampa, ID, as well as a manufacturer of our own product lines, and we have the bandwidth to take care of these items and more like them.

Could you email contact information to [email protected] ?

Thank you!

Re: Small aluminum parts- lathe work with cross drill/thread - reoccurring orders

Sent you a private message

PM Sent

Thank you

Matt Schindler
    Micro Shaped
    Email: [email protected]
    Phone: 309-282-6700

Hey Nutsack,

Tried to tender a quote, your PMs are full. My email's at [email protected]. I'd love to have the opportunity to work on this.

I have a bar fed cnc lathe with live tooling and y axis that would be perfect for this part. I have zero work for this lathe right now.

[email protected]

Hey Nut, i own a small machine shop in West Texas, i could machine these parts for you, and many other parts on our hardinge turret lathes.
    please send contact infi for a quote: [email protected]

Hello Nut
    It is Andy ,nice to meet you .
    1. our company provide Precision CNC Machining service
    2. we can produce this aluminium parts for you , our price is :
    12 USD/pcs based on 50 pcs
    11 USD/pcs based on 100 pcs
    10 USD/pcs based on 150 pcs
    include air transport fee to your address and anodizing fee
    3. in order to assure you that our quality is good ,we can offer a deferred payment ,30% prepayment ,pay 30% before shipment ,pay the balance after you receive parts and test .
    4. please see attachment ,we produce these handguards (gun parts ) for our customer, the material is aluminium 6061,and anodized .

if interested ,please do not hesitate too contact me

-
    Best regards ,
    sales manager Supeng Machine Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
    Andy.Xie
    [email protected]
    www.su-peng.com

Attachment 314956
    Attachment 314958
    Attachment 314960
    Attachment 314962
    Attachment 314964
    Precision CNC machining from china

Wow, that's a 4 dollar part!, marked up to 12 dollars by a Chinese machine shop!

Quote Originally Posted by Supeng View Post
    Hello Nut
    It is Andy ,nice to meet you .
    1. our company provide Precision CNC Machining service
    2. we can produce this aluminium parts for you , our price is :
    12 USD/pcs based on 50 pcs
    11 USD/pcs based on 100 pcs
    10 USD/pcs based on 150 pcs
    include air transport fee to your address and anodizing fee
    3. in order to assure you that our quality is good ,we can offer a deferred payment ,30% prepayment ,pay 30% before shipment ,pay the balance after you receive parts and test .
    4. please see attachment ,we produce these handguards (gun parts ) for our customer, the material is aluminium 6061,and anodized .

if interested ,please do not hesitate too contact me

-
    Best regards ,
    sales manager Supeng Machine Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
    Andy.Xie
    [email protected]
    ??????????

Attachment 314956
    Attachment 314958
    Attachment 314960
    Attachment 314962
    Attachment 314964

Quote Originally Posted by aspeyrer View Post
    Wow, that's a 4 dollar part!, marked up to 12 dollars by a Chinese machine shop!
    No kidding!

Hi Nut,
    We are intrested to provide the quotation. Is this possible to contact us at this email address [email protected]

BR
    /SL Wong
    Sales Manager
    Proto Tree LLC
    Email: [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Nutsack View Post
    Hey Guys,

PM'd you pricing.