586,544 active members*
3,048 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

IHCNC 12Z For sale with tooling

She's been a good working machine since I started as a hobbyist and a solid tool when I started machining parts that pay, but it's time for something with an ATC.
    She's cut everything I've asked and certainly proved a few old school guys wrong along the way. Here's hoping I can find a new home for her where she's appreciated.

Industrial Hobbies CNC Milling machine with tooling

Ken
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image001.jpg   image002.jpg   image003.jpg   image006.jpg  

image007.jpg   image008.jpg   image010.jpg  

Re: IHCNC 12Z For sale with tooling

Just wondering -- did you make that enclosure? I'm getting to the point where I want one now that I have a $$$ laser cutter 5' from my mill and am trying to find plans/designs before I go off and invent my own.

The chip pan was an IH option when I bought the machine ($500 I think). The top enclosure is my own. It's just 80/20 extrusions with channels for the panels to slide in. These are standard 80/20 parts. It leaks a little at the front panels so I tried to avoid blasting the front wall with coolant. All panels are 1/4" Lexan which added to the cost dramatically, but I don't see any way that something would come through it. Total cost was about $1000 for the upper section, but using cheaper materials would lower that. There was no reason to use a solid rear panel for the back of the housing either unless you'll be moving all around it.

PM and email via Craigslist inbound

I already use polycarb and Mitsumi (metric brand of 80/20), so it should be easy to make my own curtain to go on top of my own chip pan.

The belt drive has the only hand made aluminum handle I ever made. Half a days work right there!
    youtube videos of the G0704 under the name arizonavideo99

PM Inbound

Craigslist ad is down how much are you asking for it? m Or how much did it sell for?
    thanks

Rich,

Sorry I haven't checked back. No idea why the zone didn't notify me. Yes, it sold. I had it listed for $7500 on Craigslist.

Dave,

I couldn't believe you made that handle. The whole thing was beautiful. The new owner really wants to connect with you on upgrading his other mill too. I stand by everything I've said about the belt drive. There's no other way I'd want to own IH.

Ken