There's something going on at the moment..

Since i recently did an Upgrade to the Control of my Lathe, i swapped Windows XP for Windows 10, and wrote a new Macro for the EdingCNC control, I decided to Bite the bullit for an Upgrade of the Beagle VMC 2814 as well..

It will get a New Computer as well, as the current one is not sufficient to run Windows 10.
and the screen will be replaced with a touchscreen.

I had bought 2 15" ELO Touchscreens for the 2 EMCO 5 Lathes i had a few years back, but i sold one, so i had a Touchscreen liying around..

For the EMCOturn 120 i have bought a 17" screen, so.. i might as well put the second ELO 15" in the Mill..
Also i've made a design for a 5th Axis.. so that module must also be built.. as i got hold of a Hollow shaft WormGear box for that..

the Computer will also have E++ installed, and in the Macro i'm at the moment working on Polar Coordinates, i.e. you can position the machine with a "CC" or Circle Center, by entering M33 X.. Y.. or X.. Z... or Y..Z.. (works in all 3 planes), you can then position the tool by means of M34 A.. R.. (Angle and Radius) so M34 A45 R20 will position the tool at a 45° angle and 20 mm radius from the M33 Position..
This makes for easy programming of Circular patterns, and Rectangular patterns on a certain angle..

But.. there's more.. with polar coordinates you can also make easy fillets on a Contour by simply setting the M33 position in the center of the Radius to be applied to the contour..

Like so:

and while this may look as quite a complicated program, the ENTIRE program is visible in the Program window in the bottom right portion of the screen.. that is all there's needed to pull such a thing off.

with EdingCNC it is possible to make your own M-Codes.. so i dreamt up some codes to make Polar Coordinates possible..
You can also use this for Contours that you first want to mill with an offset, and then finish without one.. or to "Creep up" to a certain dimension..

This makes EdingCNC almost as versatile as. let's say a Heidenhain Control.. and that is pretty Cool!