586,471 active members*
3,737 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Spindle Problems with Fanuc 0T control

Spindle Problems with Fanuc 0T control

I'm working on a New Britian vertical lathe with a fanuc OTa control. Whenever I try to run a program or start the spindle, I get the BUF Auto but the program actually never starts or starts the spindle.
    All the Axis home out perfectly.
    I also can't get the spindle to start in MDI mode when I program it to start manually.
    I'm not getting an output signal from the PMC to the Spindle Drive.
    Could this be a parameter setting?
    I have another machine exactly like it and it is running. I set this one up identical to it but have this problem.
    Could it be a bad board?
    Thanks,
    T. Hardy

If you're not getting an output signal it probably is the board. Check for +24V from the board. If you're getting 24V you may have an individual output that is bad. Try swapping the board and see if the spindle will run.

Is the chuck clamped?

have you selected a gear some machines have to have a gear called up, but on my old daewoo i have a switch in the back that you have to tighten every now and then cause it does the same thing
    individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.

I can't help you with your problem; however, would you happen to have a post processor for the Fanuc O-T you could e mail me?

Thanks

Al

Quote Originally Posted by alikatcraig View Post
    I can't help you with your problem; however, would you happen to have a post processor for the Fanuc O-T you could e mail me?

Thanks

Al
    Are you asking for a Post Processor for a software or a Format Document?
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com