586,594 active members*
3,050 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Mechanical Engineering > Epoxy Granite > Epoxy-Granite machine bases (was Polymer concrete frame?)
Page 203 of 253 103153193201202203204205213
Results 4,041 to 4,060 of 5053
    MWUUUuuuaaaaaahhhh,

thats a fast reply..... You really went on the machine....
    Maybe something for my girlfriend.....lol

I build, she buy`s.....

Know the motor is very small in the attachment, i would need a bigger one...

So, 2 to 4 G for best compacting...
    Thats F = m x a
    then
    a = 20 to 40 m/s^2 (2 to 4 G)
    m = mass off vibration table and mould with EG

Would the F stands for the force from the motor (centrifugal force) ????
    Cool.....

Last one:
    What does the working moment means in the spec sheet off the motor?
    and
    Does a 230V with a single phase run direct from the wall (constant 3000rpm)
    that would be a cheap solution...!!!

Cant wait to see your machine and give it a good look...lol

Hi again, Roy,

My girlfriend wanted to take a ride so I figured that I'd check to see if it killed me first. . . I wouldn't stay there long!

Googling found this page at deca vibrator on working moment. http://www.decavibrator.com/math.shtml#wm

A 230V single phase model would run directly from wall current since you're in europe where 230v wall current is standard. Most industrial vibrators are made for 3 phase operation. I'd suggest surplus industrial vibrators as most vibrators new are outrageously expensive. Also, a VFD will let you vary the frequency.

Good Luck.

Regards all,

Cameron

Hee Cameron,

Thanks a lot again, superb website !!!!

Once i had it in my favorits, but i always thought that i needed a 70 Hz motor
    and they are so expensive. I Now we really need a vibration machine for real EG.

Maybe i would make one....

Cant find that thesis, can you help me out...? So i cann read a bit in it tonight.

Kind regards,

Roy

Hi Roy,

The thesis was posted by Max-Mod in post 3559. The link from the French Usinages site is http://www.usinages.com/download.php?id=14677

Warning, the text is in French.

Regards all,

Cameron

Hi All,

I've added a new post to the index that once again has working links. CNCZONE rebuilt the database and disallowed HTML in posts which broke the index. I modified my index generator and rebuilt the original index.

Regards all,

Cameron

I know we just moved the discussion from General to other machines, but I think we might be better characterized as a subforum in the materials technology forum. I am now the moderator in that forum.

What do folks think?

--Cameron

Yeah, think that would be ok, this is dor deveoping the EG material,
    in time when machines really are getting build, the build threads cann be placed in the right forum.

I think it makes much more sense. The ratio of posts referencing the material to those referencing machines, including even test samples(!), would point inescapably to that conclusion.

Regards all,
    (still hanging in there, ....and here !)
    John
    It's like doing jigsaw puzzles in the dark.
    Enjoy today's problems, for tomorrow's may be worse.

I agree, the materials forum is mor appropriate. w should also incorporated the E/G related threads that are still in the mechanical engineering calculations forum.

Best regards

Bruno

Quote Originally Posted by ckelloug View Post
    Hi veteq Roy,

I'm not that up on the vibration frequencies right now but I reread German Castillo's Ph.D. thesis and he says 30Hz to 70Hz and that the exact frequency was only of secondary importance.
    The freq of the vibration is not that critical. Most vibrator tables for this type of use use a non-geared 50Hz mains 1500 RPM motor (vibe freq 30Hz) or in the USA a 60Hz mains 1800 RPM motor (again about 30Hz).

Smaller motors can be the 2-pole type which run at doubel the speed giving vibe freq around 60Hz.

He's probably mentioned 30Hz to 70Hz as that would be typical of most commercial vibrator table setups and the freq is "secondary importance" as basically it's a fluke based on the motor type.

Settling is not rocket science. You can just whack the mold with a hammer a heap of times too...

"Rapid machine tool design" thesis

Hello to all contributors of this thread.

I am from Bosnia and Herzegovina, and have been reading this amaizing thread for some time.

I am not sure if this was mentioned, I could not find any post about thesis I downloaded, but there is a interesting thesis writen by Carsten Alexander Christoph Hochmuth under Supervision of Professor Alexander H. Slocum about designing cnc machine (Bostomatic 12G) using E/G as machine base.
    The link is http://dspace.mit.edu/handle/1721.1/9373

It has many uselful information and maybe could lead to faster resolving of E/G machine building procedures.

Since English is not my native language I appologize if some mistakes occures.

Ensar Dubravic

Welcome aboard Ensar,
    You are right about the thesis not being mentioned anywhere on the thread, however Alexander Slocum supervised another thesis: "Principles of Rapid Machine Design" by Eberhard Bamberg issued in June 2000 which is mentioned in this thread.

Thanks for your information

Best regards

Bruno

Hi Ensar,

That thesis is a very useful reference on designing molds and some of the things that can go wrong in castings. It is the first work of its type that I have seen. I am very glad that you posted it. While we have previously seen Bamberg's thesis out of that group as mentioned by brunog, it was mainly concerned with the use of shear dampers and pretty much just glossed over EG. I look forward to getting to try the techniques the Hochmuth/Alexander thesis mentions.

As a status to those that follow this thread, I was sent on indefinite travel on Thursday and have no idea when I will get to do the tests I was preparing for last week. I hope to be back at home doing E/G research by September with any luck. If there are any E/G folks that want to have lunch in the Los Angeles California area, I'm probably available for lunch through at least the middle of August. Pm if you're interested.

Regards all,

Cameron

Hi,

Here is a link on a CNC mill in E/G based on Castillo thesis (sorry, still french):

http://www.usinages.com/fabrication-...xy-t15107.html

The mill seems to be successfull, I guess I will have a look at it, since it's a couple of drive hours away.

Quote Originally Posted by mchabot View Post
    Hi,

Here is a link on a CNC mill in E/G based on Castillo thesis (sorry, still french):

The mill seems to be successfull, I guess I will have a look at it, since it's a couple of drive hours away.
    Il y a des gens qui comprennent très bien le français sur CNCzone!

Et pour les autres, il y a Google translate!

I just went through the whole thread, interesting and well planned build.

Nice find Mchabot!

Salutations

Bruno

Quote Originally Posted by vishnu View Post
    I think its time to freeze this thread. No one on earth today will have time to read 334 pages & 4000 posts, but if one does he will earn a Doctorate . Its up to the cnczone moderators to decide. New baby threads on this area will be suitable i hope.
    Who do I need to contact for my honorary doctorate? I just spent the last 12 hours reading this thread from start to finish. I have to say it got dry there for a while the 100 pages or so after walter left there was to much theory and not enough experimenting to keep my interest. Its good to see more trials going on again. I just joined here, have been watching the DIY builds in the router section and have been slooowly acumalateing parts for my own build. I may just have to redesign to use EG as my structure instead. I'm very intreaged by all this, and am debating if I want to invest in the stuff to do this.

But hats off to everyone here. I can not believe how much has gone into all this!

Now that's the spirit osiervt!
    I am glad you did go through the whole thread, not too many people dotake the time to read it from start to finish.

Welcome to the thread, I really hope you do redesign your project to use EG!

Best regards,

Bruno

Quote Originally Posted by mchabot View Post
    Hi,

Thank you very much for posting that link to that machine build thread!

The machine in that thread;

looks very much like the "new CNC machine" in the AF overclockers thread;

which I have been hoping to find a build thread of, for some months now.

That the machine Thomas Zietz makes in Germany, on the German forum cncecke.de are threads of it...

http://www.ktm-reiseenduro.de/tz/menue.htm

This is the build thread, only you have to register.....
    use google translate...

http://www.cncecke.de/forum/showthre...ght=andre+finn

regards,

Roy

Page 203 of 253 103153193201202203204205213