586,401 active members*
3,019 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Corel ?

Corel ?

Hi there
    I'm hoping somebody can help with this problem that i'm having with corel.
    When I draw, trace, convert, anything and i save it in dxf or dwg format and open it in autocad 2005 it shows up no problem. The problem is though if i select any tool (line, arc, dim, etc...) and bring the cursor anywhere near the object it locks up the program. The only way out of it is to task manager and shut down the non-responding program. Don't know if i'm not doing something right or if I am missing something when i save.
    Thanks in advance
    bear

Locks up Corel? Locks up AutoCAD?

I find AutoCAD less tolerant of DXF issues than most other programs (go figure, it's their format!)

What version of CorelDraw? Some versions had REALLY bad DXF export filters.

Try the DXFTool demo and see if it has the problem in other programs than AutoCAD. The native DXF export in Corel segments all object into lines whereas DXFTool saves the curves as arcs. I know it works with SheetCAM, Vcarve, And most versions of BobCAD, and back into Corel.

So why do you need to open a Corel drawing in AutoCAD? Corel as all of the tools you need to prep a drawing for import into the CAM programs and cut with plasma.

Tom Caudle
    www.CandCNC.com

Thanks Tom
    It locks up Autocad. Corel is ver. 13. All of the dxfs that i have downloaded here or anywhere work just fine. I will try your dxftool demo see if that works, i am still planning on purchasing it, but waiting on the "big surprise"
    to see what thats about or what cut discs you will have available, and make just one buy. I was sending it to Autocad cause I know how it works, but only have a couple of hours in corel.
    thanks bear

Hey Tom
    tried the dxf export tool and what ever it changes it works just fine and doesn't lock up autocad. I'll have to add it to the list of another thing to buy.
    any word yet on your big surprise or the cut files yet?
    bear