586,912 active members*
3,679 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Alphacam > Need some help, new to the cnc world.

Need some help, new to the cnc world.

I have just recently got a phoenix-gs servo router with a centroid controller. I have a cracked version of alphacam 2016 to see if I like it. Since its not a legit copy I can't get support from planit. I have no idea where to even begin with this thing. Can someone please point me in the right direction. Please hold back any comments on the non legit alphacam, I'm a firm believer in paying for something if you like it.

Re: Need some help, new to the cnc world.

Why not dump the cracked version you can't make sense of anyway and download a legitimate trial copy of alphacam (if that's really what you want) or the entry-level alphacam express, which is cheaper and simpler? Then Vero shouldn't have any problem helping you get started with it: Alphacam Express | Woodworking CAD CAM Software compatible with all CNC Machines
    Andrew Werby
    Website

AlphaCAM has a very steep learning curve, and you can do most of what you can do in AlphaCAM with software that costs a fraction of what AlphaCAM costs.

I've been using AlphaCAM for the last 6 years every day, and only use about 5% of what it can do. To me, it's rather clunky, but I'm using an older version. Hopefully the newer versions are better.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

What would you suggest? I used to use alphacam 2012 R2 I think. But its been close to a year ago. I never had to set the machine or tools it was more point and click kinda deal. I'm very surprised how much I forgot since I haven't done it in about a year. I need something I can create some decorative signs out of if possible.

Hotrod please dont be afraid,,,i can teach you to import cad,,,,pick tool,,,pick tool direction,,,and run though rough and finish table in about 10 miuntes to do a basic cutout,,,,,,give me a shout [email protected],,,,,,,

Alphacam is one of the most user frently CAM systems out there especially with the new dialogs and tooltips. Check out Utube for tutorials. If you can't find what you want then post questions here. BTW you don't need a cracked version to try Alphacam, just use it in 'homework mode' or get a trial licence from Alphacam.