586,406 active members*
2,697 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Ethernet

Ethernet

Hi,
    Does any one have any experience of using the ethernet port on Fanuc 21i?
    Can programs be transfered using this instead of RS232?
    If so how would i go about this and or do i need any special software
    Thank you
    Turner.

Yes, the ethernet can be used. www.gefanuc.com or call. I don't want to misslead you on the process.

Yes, you dont mention the model eg. 21i-A, B ect. Model A requires an ethernet adaptor,(unless you have had a data server option fitted). Let me know which, and then i can advise.

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Leksvil View Post
    Yes, you dont mention the model eg. 21i-A, B ect. Model A requires an ethernet adaptor,(unless you have had a data server option fitted). Let me know which, and then i can advise.
    Its a 21i -TB ,PUMA 400. Dont think we have data server, is there a way to check if we have.
    Thanks.

Model B contoller should have a embedded ethernet. to check you will have to open up the back of the operators panel with an allen key, you need to look at the main Fanuc board. ( if this is done with the power on please DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING INSIDE THE PANEL )this is located behind the LCD panel. ( A yellow looking box ). Located at the bottom left of the Fanuc back board should be a silver looking block with a ethernet cable plugged into it, that will then be connected to the unit located above the 110 V socket on the side of the pendant. If thats all there then you can shut up the panel and then you need to check the following. Press SYSTEM key. then press the right soft arrow key 5 times [ETHPRM] & [ETHMNT] are displayed. press [ETHPRM] [OPRT] and [EMBEDD] this is the ethernet parameter screen. Page 1/7 there should be a MAC ADDRESS number, if there isn't then you need to spend some money with FANUC.

If the number is displayed then you can connect your PUMA 400 on your network or Peer to Peer to a single computer. If you require any help with your network setup let us now.

Leksvil.
    Well I've never seen it do that before!!!!!!!

Hi,
    Press SYSTEM key. then press the right soft arrow key 5 times [ETHPRM] & [ETHMNT] are displayed. press [ETHPRM] [OPRT] and [EMBEDD] this is the ethernet parameter screen. Page 1/7
    Leksvil.
    Havent looked inside panel but did above and machine onlt displayed: Page 1/5 , does this mean its not activated, any ideas how much it costs?
    Thanks
    Turner

Hello again,
    press [ETHPRM] [OPRT] and [EMBEDD] this is the ethernet parameter screen. Page 1/7 there should be a MAC ADDRESS number, if there isn't then you need to spend some money with FANUC.

If the number is displayed then you can connect your PUMA 400 on your network or Peer to Peer to a single computer. If you require any help with your network setup let us now.

Leksvil.
    I have had another look at m/c, i must have pressed [ETHMNT] and not [ETHPRM] , the m/c is showing a MAC Address and so is our other older m/c, an 18i.
    If you could help run us through the setting up process that would be great.
    Thanks again,
    Turner

Help about ethernet embedded

Friends:

We have a big problems with a machine YCM with Fanuc 21i-MB because desn´t can comunicate with our machine. The serial Port doesn´t work and the PCMCIA port is it the same. We tried make DNC with ethernet embedded service...so... only we did setup on the machine but dont´know how read programs on the computed by DNC or something like this. I saw to LEKSVIL knows the solution...Please help me!!!

Roberto
    Santiago-Chile

Wink Ethernet Problems

Hi Roberto,

I see from your plea for help that you are having problems with your RS-232 serial port. I know you may have heard this before but have you a correctly wired Plug going from your NC machine to your computer. If you have, are the parameters correctly set for your serial port. We shall take this one step at a time my friend.

Leksvil
    Well I've never seen it do that before!!!!!!!