586,593 active members*
3,036 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Considering buying BCC V.28
Page 2 of 7 1234

Re: Considering buying BCC V.28

Burr,,,there are a bunch of us Dummy's,,,,,,,,,,gotta love these threads for a little entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by Tormachmaster View Post
    Just what I was offered.
    If they offered you 4 Axis Mill Pro for $1400 and you thought the extra $250 over the cost of DeskProto was too much, you are absolutely out of your mind. I highly doubt they offered the Pro version of 4 Axis for that amount. Mill Standard 4th Axis with 3 Axis Pro toolpaths, more likely. That is still more software than DeskProto by quite a lot, way more than the $200 difference in price. Deskproto isn't even on the same planet as 4 Axis Mill Pro, which includes morphing toolpaths like Between 2 Curves, etc. I don't know what it normally runs for return customers, but I'm going to guess it's usually well over double $1400, and that's still pretty inexpensive compared to other products with similar capabilities. And yes, you can compare it to those others listed pretty easily when you start talking about 4 Axis Pro and 5 Axis Pro. Most of them use the same CAM kernel as Bobcad anyways which is more a tribute to how great a value Bobcad is than a knock on the other companies. Those may not be inexpensive from Bobcad when you get to Pro level multiaxis versions, but they are far less expensive than most of the competition and every bit as capable.

Quote Originally Posted by mmoe View Post
    I don't know what it normally runs for return customers, but I'm going to guess it's usually well over double $1400,
    You are right you do not know how much it is for return customers. Well over double that would be a joke cause it would put it next to Mastercam and that will take them many more years to do. I will leave it at that so some sales man does not get in trouble or you think you will get the same price.

Clowns to the left of me

Joker's to the right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DohRa9lsx0Q

Well over double that would be a joke cause it would put it next to Mastercam and that will take them many more years to do.
    Completely incorrect......

So you work for bobcad?

Tormachmaster

You are embarrassing yourself

Almost everyone on this thread has 6 or more years experience with BoB

2 of us have a combined 50 years in machining

We all make our living machining or programming

Not Hobby Guys chiming in on this thread

Al is a big wig at BoBCad,,,,,,but go ahead and try to sell your story,,,,we all seen it before

Can't you simply answer the question. I don't care how many years experience you have this is not a question of your background. 50 years between the two of you and you are still using a simple program like this. This is my hobby yes and have been with bobcad for 20 years. If you do not like my opinion or the fact I am not afraid to post what I pay then don't answer it is that simple.

Can't you simply answer the question. I don't care how many years experience you have this is not a question of your background. 50 years between the two of you and you are still using a simple program like this. This is my hobby yes and have been with bobcad for 20 years. If you do not like my opinion or the fact I am not afraid to post what I pay then don't answer it is that simple.
    Being factually incorrect in your opinion invalidates anything you have to say though...

ive been sitting silent for a week now watching you disparage the software and tout deskproto as a choice over bobcad, here in the bobcad forum....

Dont piss yourself about whether i work for bobcad or not.... its such a dead horse. Like your opinion.

This is what I said "Check out deskproto about 1200 and it is a simple program to get good code quick" A quote to others something to look at some may not like it some may I do not use it just put it out there. But yes it will put your simple code and quick from what I have seen.

Again "So you work for bobcad?" A question pretty simple? You quote "Being factually incorrect in your opinion invalidates anything you have to say though...Dont piss yourself about whether i work for bobcad or not.... its such a dead horse. Like your opinion. Honestly sounds like your feelings got a bit hurt....

This is what I said "Check out deskproto about 1200 and it is a simple program to get good code quick" A quote to others something to look at some may not like it some may I do not use it just put it out there. But yes it will put your simple code and quick from what I have seen.

Again "So you work for bobcad?" A question pretty simple? You quote "Being factually incorrect in your opinion invalidates anything you have to say though...Dont piss yourself about whether i work for bobcad or not.... its such a dead horse. Like your opinion. Honestly sounds like your feelings got a bit hurt....
    I actually don't have anything bad to say about Deskproto. But YOU, have been in the forum now for over a week spewing. It has become more than "you and your right to your opinion"...... Especially when any other opinion entered into the mix becomes a battle of wills with someone like you, who believes that everything should be left at your "right to your opinion"........ Pffffff.

The fact that you are factually incorrect in these posts you've been making looks like my feelings are hurt? lol

Or you and the sand in your vaj having the need to have me "working for BobCad"..... lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    I actually don't have anything bad to say about Deskproto. But YOU, have been in the forum now for over a week spewing. It has become more than "you and your right to your opinion"...... Especially when any other opinion entered into the mix becomes a battle of wills with someone like you, who believes that everything should be left at your "right to your opinion"........ Pffffff.

The fact that you are factually incorrect in these posts you've been making looks like my feelings are hurt? lol

Or you and the sand in your vaj having the need to have me "working for BobCad"..... lmao.
    BurrMan sorry I hurt your feelings. Feel better now. Honestly I am factually wrong from your point of view.

BurrMan sorry I hurt your feelings. Feel better now. Honestly I am factually wrong from your point of view.
    I think he's gonna cry ladies and gentleman.... Stay tuned.

Your are WRONG

Is there a file or part that stumped you

Us Dummies can do it I bet

no offense to my fellow hobbyist out there,,,but you have used BoB for 20 years and if your name reflects your machine,,,,you still using toys after 20 years,,,ouch

tormachmster,

listen to these guys they KNOW what they are speaking about.....
    Big Chipin, spreading tha cheese, I be Big Chipin for days!

correct so what are you trying to achieve ? ,... and (beside i dont belive you price for functioniality but even if i might be happy 4 you ) make a list line per feature make a column where you weight how important it is to you then check the versions of bobcad in columns deskproto mastercam etc fill out how good it does it in school notes you will see even if the cad sucks it is a verry capable software in cam mill and lathe abd that is why i like it (beeing in it for long years might have spoilt me but ,.. ) so if you have done that put in the costs and you even can figure out your sweet spit i expect youll end with bobcad and that is what they are living of ..

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Just what I was offered.
    Wow ! ! ! That is quite incredible, tell you what, if I was offered V28 4 Axis Pro for that amount I would have friction burns reaching for my Credit Card, that would be absolutely great.

If you can arrange with BC to get me a V28 4 Axis Pro upgrade for my 2 seats for that money I will wire you the money today, I am not being nasty or sarcastic here, this is a genuine offer, I would love that level of the software for that price

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:

Hi.
    good idea buy me in as well i now only have indexed 4th axis if it is not indexed i like it thomas

Cad is not quite up to 90's.
    Maybe earlier - .. But i am Happy with the cam so no issue here

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

I ended up taking advantage of the Holiday pricing. 3-Axis Pro, Lathe, Art at a fair price.

For those of you that have V-28. Is there any reason that I cant install it on several PC's and move the license from station to station with me. I would at least like to install on the Shop computer and my laptop so that I can use it at home. All my machines do not have USB for memory stick. One still requires plugging into it with the RS-232.
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm-Sir Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 7 1234