586,224 active members*
3,269 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Last-minute purchasing review

Last-minute purchasing review

Hey Guys,

Last-minute purchase review...Going with the IMService servo setup, the 4A-4-axis kit Here. It'll be going on a Taig 2019CR-ER. Looking to mill PC Watercooling waterblocks, similar to this. Basically what I'm asking is...Is this the right setup to buy? I have the money to buy these servoes.

A "Yes, buy it" or "No, here's why" answer would be GREATLY appreciated...Going in $800 is not at all cheap, so I want to make a good decision the first time.

Thanks guys!

it will cost more than $800 even used.

$840, sorry...

That was the price last time I checked for the 4-axis kit.

Does the mill have preloaded ball screws, do the servos have encoders. What was you rational for picking servos over steppers.

Regards
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Burn View Post
    Hey Guys,

Last-minute purchase review...Going with the IMService servo setup, the 4A-4-axis kit Here. It'll be going on a Taig 2019CR-ER. Looking to mill PC Watercooling waterblocks, similar to this. Basically what I'm asking is...Is this the right setup to buy? I have the money to buy these servoes.

A "Yes, buy it" or "No, here's why" answer would be GREATLY appreciated...Going in $800 is not at all cheap, so I want to make a good decision the first time.

Thanks guys!

Taig doesn't say much about how their leadscrews are made, but I can refer you to this page:
    http://www.taigtools.com/mmill.html

Bump for the night crowd..

Bump again.

Burn,
    I installed the IMService 4 axis servo system on an X2 with ball screws for a customer. The machine ran great for the testing period I ran on it. I would say "don't hesitate, get the servo system".

Ken
    KDN Tool

Thanks for the input! I will order them tonight!