586,195 active members*
4,131 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Spindle Orient problem at Tool change

Spindle Orient problem at Tool change

Hi guys

Seems that this might have been my problem all along.. Anyway, machine runs fine but when I go to tool change the spindle decelerates and then stops.. It doesnt spin on its own. I have to help it out to find the loation, by hand.. I removed the cover and cleaned the surfaces.. I did see wear on the sensor.. What is the sensor called?? So is it the sensor or what??

Comments please.

Chips

Well Ive been running all night and all of a sudden it seems to be ok.. What is different is that there is a clicking noise that seems to be air related. Now that I hear this I notice that all is working. I had the cover off all night and Im thinking that it may have been a sticky valve.. Just not sure how to diagnose it.. I did wiggle fuses and boards in the machine.. Would that have been enough or is this just related to the fact that this is a hobby machine and gets very few hours.

Chips..

Chips--
    To check if the Hall Efects switch on the spindle magnet is working, type DI and press enter then type DS and press enter. The top item in the midle column is "Orientsp". There are two 00's to the right of it. manually rotate the spindle 360 degrees a few times. the 00 should turn to 01 when the sensor passes the magnet. If it stays at 00 then the switch is not reading or the signal is getting lost somewhere.
    To get the switch display off the screen press the letter X.

Neal

Did the test and still having the problem. one thing for sure is that it only happens when the spindle is coming off of a deceleration. if I mdi a tool change it works fine.

chips

Chips--
    Can you tell if the orientation arm drops in? In the DI DS screen, does it show that the orient arm is in (01)? Also, try changeing the Orientation Factor in SETP either up or down from where it is now.
    If that doesn't work, give the TECHS at Fadal a call and they will step you thru some other tests.
    Neal

Quote Originally Posted by Neal View Post
    Chips--
    To check if the Hall Efects switch on the spindle magnet is working, type DI and press enter then type DS and press enter. The top item in the midle column is "Orientsp". There are two 00's to the right of it. manually rotate the spindle 360 degrees a few times. the 00 should turn to 01 when the sensor passes the magnet. If it stays at 00 then the switch is not reading or the signal is getting lost somewhere.
    To get the switch display off the screen press the letter X.

Neal

Neal

Once agin you are "Right on the Money' .. New Hall Efects switch and a clean up of the old wires and my machine is dancing once again..:banana:

thanks again

Chips!!!