586,598 active members*
3,751 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: How do I?

How do I?

So here is another part im looking for assistance, or guidance. its a new traverse gear case for my atlas lathe, i tried a couple things that of course didn't work, i did the dotted lines and adaptive but it said Drive Curves Missing and wouldnt make a tool path. remember i have no Z so i would like to cut the depth in one pass. thanks

Re: How do I?

heres the file, from V26

The machine is actually cutting the part now, but it didn't tool path exactly what I envisioned...

2D Advanced Pocket Adaptive Rough.

My tool path only had 2 or 3 Z lifts, however it cut full width around the boss on both sides which I would have liked to avoid. Mainly cause I wanted to cut the full .375 depth in one pass since I don't have automated Z, with the current post there is an M01 before and after every Z move, which accounts for a cycle start press everytime, so I try to make my tool paths with as little Z moves as I can. Thanks for the reply, what size cutter did you program in yours? I used a 1/2"

Quote Originally Posted by chevydyl View Post
    what size cutter did you program in yours? I used a 1/2"
    1/4"

I since made a remote cycle start button so the Z lifts are not as much trouble. Here's the finished part.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20151031_021419.jpg   20151031_021146.jpg