586,111 active members*
3,361 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Vibratory or tumbler for slag?

We do alot of plasma cutting in steel and aluminum and wanted to know the best (quickest) way to knock off the slag. Polishing is not an issue, we just spend too much time / $$$ with the wire wheels. Thanks

Did you ever get a tumbler figured out. I just cut about 150 small parts each with a little slag on them. I threw them in a plastic bucket and kicked the bucket in the driveway for about 3 minutes. They look like all edges have been ground off but without the grind marks! I was very impressed. I'm definitely building one of these but wondering if anybody else has pics of theirs so I can get some ideas...

Smile Debure

Find an old home size cement mixer and remove the padels and load the part's run part on part I also experminted with lava rock from the home store it's cheap but it wears out fast use a litle soap and water with it other than the nois it makes a cheap deburer There are some neat home brewed machines on here look in finnishing fourm thirty min. in the lava rock will almost remove the scale from hotroled part's Kevin

I have just finished a vibrating finisher I use it to remove Dried ink from stainless steel parts so far I have tried shot blasting grit, sand, gravel so far the sand and gravel clean the ink but dont scratch the stainless.

The vibrator has a 2.2Kw drive and spins at 1700RPM the weight is approx 12 - 14KG the drive is also controlled by an invertor so I can vary thje speed easily I still need to experiment with different media as I want to remove slag from some parts that I produce but may end up make another machine for that