586,957 active members*
2,906 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > OpenSource CNC Design Center > Open Source Controller Boards > DIY BLDC / DC Motor Servo Drive - ARM MCU (STM32F103C8T6)

Hybrid View

Re: DIY BLDC / DC Motor Servo Drive - ARM MCU (STM32F103C8T6)

When all is said and done, I may ask _ID_ if he is willing to redo my layout, if he says no, maybe someone else who's really good at it can give it a shot but I think it would be beneficial for this project to be offered with the utmost quality and integrity, I hate settling for "it works" kinds of stuff and this forces me to seek out better options.

I want this to be that better option, I want the Mihai project to be the standard for others to attempt to rise to rather than be a sub-standard used for comparison and I think others feel the same way.

Overall, this is a good project base to start from and this has been confirmed from several sources, some of which I trust so can we get past the pissing contest and back to focus on the project please.

I would really like it if you continued to contribute Mihai but if you have no interest then perhaps someone like jfstockton can take over where you left off and you can help him get up to speed by answering his questions, privately if you have no public interest, it's your call, after all, it was your project to start with and credit goes to you for it.

Quote Originally Posted by dwalsh62 View Post
    When all is said and done, I may ask _ID_ if he is willing to redo my layout, if he says no, maybe someone else who's really good at it can give it a shot but I think it would be beneficial for this project to be offered with the utmost quality and integrity, I hate settling for "it works" kinds of stuff and this forces me to seek out better options.

I want this to be that better option, I want the Mihai project to be the standard for others to attempt to rise to rather than be a sub-standard used for comparison and I think others feel the same way.

Overall, this is a good project base to start from and this has been confirmed from several sources, some of which I trust so can we get past the pissing contest and back to focus on the project please.

I would really like it if you continued to contribute Mihai but if you have no interest then perhaps someone like jfstockton can take over where you left off and you can help him get up to speed by answering his questions, privately if you have no public interest, it's your call, after all, it was your project to start with and credit goes to you for it.
    Hi Dale. I can redo your layout, no problem. It will take a bit because i'm quite occupied with my job at the moment. Just send me the files or put them hire in the thread. But then I ask my self if it's the right thing to redo the board now as some of you claim that it's possible to take the whole thing to the whole new level by using different pins from microcontroller and rewrite a bit of code. If this is going to happen then I will wait for the update of the code and than redo the PCB. Who has the knowledge to go through the code and make changes!? Till now only roivai did something on the code-that I know of. Anyone to cover this part?

Quote Originally Posted by _ID_ View Post
    Hi Dale. I can redo your layout, no problem. It will take a bit because i'm quite occupied with my job at the moment. Just send me the files or put them hire in the thread. But then I ask my self if it's the right thing to redo the board now as some of you claim that it's possible to take the whole thing to the whole new level by using different pins from microcontroller and rewrite a bit of code. If this is going to happen then I will wait for the update of the code and than redo the PCB. Who has the knowledge to go through the code and make changes!? Till now only roivai did something on the code-that I know of. Anyone to cover this part?
    Fantastic _ID_, thank you.

Currently we are looking at some additional changes, removing a no longer needed optional line due to another option choice and adding an encoder index signal so as soon as all the changes have been finalized I'll shoot you the eagle schematic.

I'm waiting to hear back from ST on the best pin choice from the available pins so we'll see what they have to say about it.

We've decided to use the F103T8/F103TB based on ST's recommendation due to it's package type, everything will be onboard and isolation protection on the USB plug will prevent any ground-loop shorting issues.

When you're all done routing the board you can just directly post the eagle files since it is all open giving everyone easy access to them.