586,762 active members*
8,308 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > I purchased a lathe from a university surplus any one know what brand lathe it is

I purchased a lathe from a university surplus any one know what brand lathe it is

I purchased a Lathe and want to know if anyone knows what brand lathe it is? I don't think the company made their own lathe.. here is a website with its picture tabletop mill educational table top mill routers tech CNC training benchtop modular tech ed servo motorm technology education VICA TSA CO2 F1 cnc router cnc lathe Stepper DAVinci cnc router CAD CAM cnc curriculums wood metal cnc lathe technology it is a Techno CNC built in 06/07/2004 it looks to be about a 9x20? a few parts are missing like the tool holder. it does have the 3 jaw chuck, other optional parts are gone. it has a full enclosure on it, 2 servos with encoders for the x and y (no hand cranks what soever) 3/4 hp motor. on the end of the cabinet is what they call a "LC Control Box "
    they list a card for your computer to interface with the LC Control Box to control the machine. (it is a PCI SCSI card) hopefully not brand specific, I ordered one off amazon from that vintage computer (about 10 years old) to see if I get lucky, I found the "software program" maybe? software looks to be "clunky" but I could just save mach 3 file and import it into other program?
    I currently have a cnc mill I built myself with gecko drive and mach 3 so I could convert it to use hardware I have if needed
    A fellow parent for the robotics club I mentor who is a machinist said what I paid for the machine would buy 1/2 the enclosure it sits in. So I have some room to invest to make it work. would be nice for the high school robotics kids to use.

A good winter project. I may have many more questions

I did find that the LC Control Box in 2003 was a $4000 option for this lathe.......

Thanks,

Re: I purchased a lathe from a university surplus any one know what brand lathe it is

It amazes me the number of threads on this forum that have no replies to the original post.
    I too bought one of these lathes a few weeks ago. I revived an old thread like yours with no replies, and it was been seeing good activity.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/teache...-software.html

Feel free to join in and tell us what you wre doing with yours.

Rex B