587,043 active members*
3,106 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Looking for a laser engraving machine

Hello everybody,

I need your help to find the perfect laser engraving machine! I had a look at the forum, but I still can't find out what I exactly need.

So basically, I'm selling charging devices to businesses and I'm looking to engrave the logo of my customers on my devices.

Here are more info:

- Engraving area: 8cm x 8cm
    - Device size: 16cm x 11cm x 1.3cm
    - Material: aluminium (anodised)
    - I am using a Mac (so best if compatible on a Mac)
    - Quantity to engrave: 10 devices/week
    - Something easy to manipulate, I don't have any knowledge...
    - Budget: cheaper as possible

I tried to find professional laser engraver in London, but most of them need a minimum of devices to engrave with the same logo and each laser engraving is unique so I'm looking to buy my own machine (except if you have any tip for a great and cheap laser engraver in London, UK).

Thank you so much for your help!

Re: Looking for a laser engraving machine

If that's all you really intend to do you can get by with a relatively inexpensive setup.
    Small table and 50-60watts would be more than plenty for you.
    Anodized alum engraves nicely without a lot of power. The only issue on anodized materials
    is that it is not always consistent so your settings could change a little between batches.
    But if you only engrave a few items a week that's a non issue too. Sometimes you just need to make a second cleanup run.
    Even your exhaust setup wouldn't need much.
    Just a small blower out a window would be plenty.

I don't know anything about macs so others will have to chime in on that.

Gozzie

Gozzie,

Thank you for your reply.

Do you have any advice of 50-60W and any idea of the price?

I'm sorry I cant help much in that area.
    Honestly I don't think you need to spend your money on a high quality machine for what you are doing.
    That being said I cant really recommend a low budget machine in good faith. It's a catch 22
    There are people on here that are really happy with a budget machine and then there are the horror stories from others.
    I hear bad and good about all the ebay equipment. It varies so much from machine to machine even from the same vendor. One problem you are facing is that you say you don't know anything about this stuff.
    When you get into the cheaper gear, the support just isn't there after the sale, leaving you to have to figure out any problems you might incur.
    That could be good thing too if you are a tinkerer and like to see how stuff works. People here will try to help you solve your issues
    but ultimately you would be the one holding the screwdriver and doing the adjustments.

You could get into this for under $2000.00 but it may cost you more in the end. Do a lot of research. There are good stories and not so good.
    It's a great hobby or business to get into but there is a learning curve. Yours would be easier since you are concentrating on one type of item and
    once you get your logos ready it's mainly a repeat type setup.

Try to find a retailer in the UK to start with. That would save on shipping and import fees and maybe you could see one in action.

Good luck, I hope this helps a little,

Gozzie

Hello, we provide laser engraving machine. you can get more information in our website: China woodworking machining center, Laser & plasma equipments manufacturers, China CNC Engraving Machines suppliers

You may want to search the forums for used machines too.
    Many people start out with a smaller machine and decide to upgrade. You can take advantage of that and get a good used model.
    There are other forums to search also. You may find a great bargain in your area.

Gozzie

Anhui Tongxing Technology Development Co., Ltd, founded in 1992, settled in Shuangfeng Economic Development Zone, Changfeng in 2003, is a hi-tech enterprise specializing in the R&D, manufacturing and sales of CNC engraving and milling machine, engraving machine , cnc engraving machine controlling system, key parts and other products. The company covers an area of about 70 mu with the construction area of about 30,000 mu, and has products with ten series of more than 70 varieties which have been exported to over 120 countries and regions around the world. More details in www.chinarouters.com .

Thank you for your reply. I'm going to have a look!

ok,if you need,you can give me your email or facebook. We will contact you.

I think you can but the laser engraving machine from china,the quality is good and the price is cheaper ,their are many laser machine suppliers to provide ,you can get from amazon or other B2B marketplace ,such as the alibaba ,made in china ,en.ofweek , hktdc and other platform ,you can do some research of before you buy .

wklaserliu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by london2015 View Post
    Hello everybody,

I need your help to find the perfect laser engraving machine! I had a look at the forum, but I still can't find out what I exactly need.

So basically, I'm selling charging devices to businesses and I'm looking to engrave the logo of my customers on my devices.

Here are more info:

- Engraving area: 8cm x 8cm
    - Device size: 16cm x 11cm x 1.3cm
    - Material: aluminium (anodised)
    - I am using a Mac (so best if compatible on a Mac)
    - Quantity to engrave: 10 devices/week
    - Something easy to manipulate, I don't have any knowledge...
    - Budget: cheaper as possible

I tried to find professional laser engraver in London, but most of them need a minimum of devices to engrave with the same logo and each laser engraving is unique so I'm looking to buy my own machine (except if you have any tip for a great and cheap laser engraver in London, UK).

Thank you so much for your help!

dear, i am Quiven from gweike laser
    dear for your news, then our mahcine LG1060 with 1000*600mm, or other modles, both ok.

for more news ,like videos, engrave on anodised aluminium etc, videos, photos, you can conatct me

[email protected]

hi I have just bought a laser machine from HPC in halifax .it cost £1100 plus vat its weeks old an i cant get it to cut and engrave at the same time but i have no knowledge of lasers so I am still learning .they give you training for a couple of hours but after sales service isnt good .saying that they get great reviews so maybe its me lol I am sure I will get the hang of it after practicing an getting to know the machine and its table top which s great
    hope this helps regards catherine