Hello everybody.
I have this problem, I am very disorganized in my shop, actually our shop, my father´s and mine. Being both hardcore ADHD we take little time in shop cleaning and organization. We continuously search our tools in the mess of our workplaces, breathe dust that is rarely cleaned up and transfer the waste around the rest of the house while we walk from one room to another.
I do make attempts on cleaning up my space and buy shelfs to organize my stuff, my father on the other hand is reluctant and rarely finds time to do the chores.
I am beginning to worry about my health from breathing the dust and respiratory complications on the long run that could come up with such abuses. Respiratory masks work but the dust is virtually everywhere in the house.

Productive time is being wasted in pointless searches for a chisel or any other tool that should be withing arm´s reach by the bench.

While I am trying to come up with a system that will work for me ATM and later drag in my father into it, I would ask you about your organizational methods.
A picture is worth a thousand words, so if you have links to a well organized shop it would be nice, if its your own place then perhaps you could explain further about your setup.

My father and I are bow makers, we make bows for stringed instruments like violin, viola, cello and double bass. Our selection of tools are different from a regular woodworking shop. The tools we use are small and medium sized, we don't have a this huge selections of 20-30 chisels like those I see in woodworking magazines.
The materials we work with are hardwoods such as pernambuco, ebony, snake wood, brass, abalone, steel, silver, gold. We also have a lathe for turning the metal parts.

My idea of a setup is to have everything closed in drawers, cabinets and such, so the dust wont land in areas that are difficult to clean up, and the resistance to clean up the shop will be minimum. Though I haven't been able to do it, either out of my own resistance to bring about order or other issues.

Advices are welcome.
Thank you.
Konstantin V.