586,383 active members*
3,569 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Cool Fanuc 6T control M code help

I have recently purchased a used Ikegai AX20Z (1985) with a Fanuc 6T control. I know that M codes are machine specific, but was wondering if this machine and control has an M code that makes the turret locate tools counterclockwise as well as clockwise. Any info would be of great help. Thank you.

I have a haas toolroom lathe and the m code for rev. is m18 and for. m17 this may work?

Thank you for your quick reply, jmcd. We have already tried the haas m18 & m17 codes with no luck. Thanks again. Anyone else?

I think it might depend on if its an A control or B control
    We had an old mori that did not do it( A ) but I believe a (B) control will and it
    is M17,M18(is whats in my programming book)
    Do you have a rapid override knob or are rapids controlled with the feedrate
    knob
    hope this helps
    Joe

Thank you for your post, actionman. It is a "B" control. I am not sure if the rapids are controlled by a rapid overide knob or with a feedrate knob. I will check those details as well as try those M codes you listed again. Maybe I inserted them in the program incorrectly. I appreciate your time.
    Chris

When I insert either the M17 or M18 code, the program runs to that point and then stops. I get no error codes from the control and the cycle start light stays on like the program is running normal. I noticed on the Haas site where they list the M-codes, that with the M17 and M18 commands it says in parenthesis "setting 97." What does this mean? Do I need to do something else in my program in order for the control to execute these M-codes? Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Chris

m17 m18

chris
    I don't think that you need any other m or g code in your prgm.for the m17 or the m18 to work. I will check it out tomarow and let you know for shure.
    jmcd

Chris I didn't see any other m or g code that gose with the m17/m18 code. good luck
    JMcD.

jmcd, thanks again for your imput and time. I'll keep plugging away here.

Use the toolcall G00 T0101 to turn the turret direction as set in the BIOS. the M16 will give you a reverse direction. ex.. G00 T0101 M16.. Remember the G00 is a "must move command" that must be included and not only a Modal set function. Basic logic 101. Drum..
    General Machinist / CNC contract Instructor

Thank you, drummond1. I will give this a shot tommorow morning and let everyone know how it works out.

Mottor,
    For the Ikegai AX20 with 6T-A control, an M12 command will cause the next tool change to happen in reverse of the normal direction. Insert them as need before your tool call "T0101" etc to cause the change to reverse. I think the B control was probably similar. If you need more info, I have the entire paper manual set for my AX20N

Carl Crawford
    www.speed-source.net

nicholson

Quote Originally Posted by motter71 View Post
    I have recently purchased a used Ikegai AX20Z (1985) with a Fanuc 6T control. I know that M codes are machine specific, but was wondering if this machine and control has an M code that makes the turret locate tools counterclockwise as well as clockwise. Any info would be of great help. Thank you.
    hi, ihave ikegai ax 20 wich as lost its parameters. can you help best regards anne

nicholson

hi ihave a ikegai ax 20 but have lost its parametres can you help thanks anne

Try contacting the guy in post #12, he may have a listing he can send, all I have is the parameter descriptions for the 6.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.