586,655 active members*
2,844 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Tormach PathPilot™ > v1.9.2 is out... who volunteers to be the guinea pig?
Page 1 of 2 12

v1.9.2 is out... who volunteers to be the guinea pig?

Looks like it mostly just fixes the bugs created by 1.9.1.

• #1026: Mill - Probing: Move and set A-axis center button has incorrect/misleading graphic
    • #1025: Mill - Tool Table: Units revert to inches in G21 shortly after entering a value
    • #1024: Mill/Lathe - ADMIN SETTINGS BACKUP fails to backup mill configuration files
    • #1023: Mill/Lathe - G-code Editor: Allow editing G-code when machine is off

Of course, you know the mantra of software programming... fix 117 bugs, creat 125 new bugs...
    Tim
    Tormach 1100-3, Grizzly G0709 lathe, Clausing 8520 mill, SolidWorks, HSMWorks.

Re: v1.9.2 is out... who volunteers to be the guinea pig?

I ai'nt scared. Not really much reason for me to do it, but I did download it.
    Lee

Quote Originally Posted by LeeWay View Post
    I ai'nt scared. Not really much reason for me to do it, but I did download it.
    Well I have done my turn last time....so come on guys...find the bugs then bug TorMach till they sort it.

Seriously though I am away at present but look forward to checking it out soon. Keen.

I will give it a try out today.
    Lee

Ran it today without any hiccups with the simple machining I was doing. I'm not using the functionality supposedly fixed so can't comment on that.

I ran it yesterday as well. I saw no issues, however I forgot to try the backup thing until after I shut everything down.
    I'll try to remember to do that today. It does need a more elegant solution to do that than having to type stuff in the midi line.
    Lee

I used 1.9.2 yesterday and it worked fine for me.
    mike sr

Running it today. One glitch while updating, but a reboot and 2nd attempt worked fine.

I installed it today, had the same glitch as Beezle, just tried it again instead of re booting- all worked fine
    I think the soft limits on X aren't as good, but will need to re test to be certain. All went well with the job
    which was engraving a Harley Davidson logo as a trial;
    Will

I did notice that since v1.9 was released, my X- soft limit must be out past my limit switch, because I hit the hard limit before the soft limits kick in. Once I finish getting my gibs adjusted and machine back together (arg, not a fun process), I plan to test the exact location and reconfigure the soft limits.

back from hol. Ran 1.9.2 all day yesterday and all good so far - too much work to catch up on to do full checks yet though.

Keen

I was able to engrave a test piece using the FreeBoldSerif. I changed the X start position, reduced the size of the font and upped the feedrate a little bit. I go to post the file and nothing happens. No error, no file dialog box, nothing. Thinking about it, maybe it doesn't like a 0.125" size with FreeBoldSerif selected, but if not, then it needs to give a useful error message.

Where on Tormach's website is 1.9.2? I've searched but it seems to be well hidden. No trouble finding 1.9.1.
    Entropy Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnToner View Post
    Where on Tormach's website is 1.9.2? I've searched but it seems to be well hidden. No trouble finding 1.9.1.
    It is right here at the top of the page.
    PathPilotâ„¢ Software Center | Tormach Inc. providers of personal small CNC machines, CNC tooling, and many more CNC items.

You may need to refresh your browser.
    Lee

Quote Originally Posted by JohnToner View Post
    It's in the same place as 1.9.1. What browser are you using? Refreshing was good advice, but you could also clear cache and refresh if that didn't work.

Thanks Quark,

I'll try again and the browser is Chrome running under W10.
    Entropy Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by LeeWay View Post
    Lee,

Thanks for the link, it worked fine. Somehow I didn't get to a software page dedicated to PP. I'll load it when I get to my "shop" this p.m.
    Entropy Sucks

loaded it up and when I try to home the X axis it does not stop at the switch, it just tries to keep going?
    Anyone else have this?

Yep! And with a little luck, (of the wrong sort), it can become totally FUBAR'ed. I've had to shut down, go back to Tormach's M3, reference all, then return to PP. For even more fun and excitement, try using multiple work offsets within a single program. Very useful if the work piece has several faces with different heights.
    Entropy Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by SPRSkip View Post
    loaded it up and when I try to home the X axis it does not stop at the switch, it just tries to keep going?
    Anyone else have this?
    Make sure "disable home switches" check box is not checked on the "Settings" page.

possibly a bad limit switch
    mike sr

Page 1 of 2 12