Quote Originally Posted by TurboStep View Post
I can confirm that Pathpilot is definitely NOT slower than Mach3. I ran Mach at 145in/min for X and Y, 106in/min for Y (the numbers are odd due to conversion from metric). I have Pathpilot now running comfortably at 157.5in/min and 130in/min respectively. The limits are actually slightly higher for both Mach and PP but I backed off a little to ensure that I didn't run into any problems later. I don't cut at these speeds, I only use these values for rapids and jogging. I significantly increased the 4th axis speed under Mach 3 but I haven't tested this with PP yet.
Step
You modified the stock Path Pilot, which is WHY yours isn't slower. (I didn't see an easy way to do that) Pretty sure stock Path Pilot is at or slower than 110ipm. I didn't feel like figuring out how to turn PP under Linux so I could have dropbox, it was just easier to put the Mach pc back in and start making parts. However IF PP is as easy as the unlocked Mach, then I would say Path Pilot is superior if you ONLY need that on the PC, I couldn't deal with only having Mach. I've looked into Smooth stepper before, has anyone managed a switch over?

As for using Mach, just go into your C: drive (pcnc foloder or something) and find "setsys" and use that as your program, no need to download anything, it's just the unlocked version of the Mach you already have.