Quote Originally Posted by mountaindew View Post
NO ???????

And I will buy your mesa card, BAM. pm me price!
$60? I think I had to modify the bracket that holds it to fit the PC it went into.

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
The Chinese must of copied how most American motor manufactures balance their motors, they use the same method, the photos are of a major US manufacturer, most low speed motors are balanced this way, this could've been a little neater in the way your was done, so those bashing the way Chinese rotors are made, have not, ever seen a US made one, I have rebuilt hundreds & most balance them this way
I've only rebuilt around 1000 motors, but they were GE motors and I don't know the origin. (From GE 1.5 MW Wind Turbines) They had holes drill in them if I remember right.

Quote Originally Posted by popspipes View Post
My compressor is another story, makes one appreciate the quietness of the Tormach.

5 hp compressor at 6 feet is 94 db, now thats noisy!!
Put a Diesel Fuel filter on your intake, you will notice less noise, and less water in your tank. I have a video on it.

Quote Originally Posted by tmarks11 View Post
I seem to remember a thread talking about how somewhere along the line, Tormach modified the fan in the motor to better balance it. So maybe your mod doesn't necessarily apply to new machines? I will have to pull off the fan cover and take a look at mine.

My recollection is that the original fan had a bolt as a set-screw holding it to the shaft, and the bolt head did bad things to the balance.
I have the better Tormach "self balancing fan" and it looks like a Chinese kid made it with a pair of scissors. It's posted on CNCZone in the "Finish" thread I believe.

----

It wont' let me quote more than this.. so RAY, You are just backing up what I have said. The 67DB is the LOUDEST this will be, it gets quieter everyday.