586,624 active members*
2,488 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > holes pattern with V 26

holes pattern with V 26

any body out there please show me how to drill this holes pattern in zigzag tool path ; i have a hard time to make it organize
    thank you

Re: holes pattern with V 26

If you don't like the machining order the software creates you can create a point pattern from your holes and use this as your geometry. The point pattern locks in the order in which you select the holes. Or, when selecting geometry, you can just select each hole in the order you want them to be cut then within the toolpath wizard select "Pick Order" under Machining Strategy.

Also, there appears to be a stray arc that may be throwing things off for you. See image.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hole pattern.png  

You can pick to optimize the pattern or use the order you picked the holes in. Usually if I have lots of holes I just let it optimize the order since it's just easier. If you want a specific order then you can pick them in the order you want.

Attachment 287448

I don't understand your question fully.So if the answers given are not what you needed,,reply back
    with more info.
    In the future,do not upload picture files.It would best to upload a ,bbcd file,that way we can check your geometry for mistakes (which I see 1 in your drawing) but also we can apply tool paths if needed.
    I see you are new here,,jsyk here is a great place to hang out and learn https://www.youtube.com/user/Depoalo...view=0&sort=dd

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    I don't understand your question fully.So if the answers given are not what you needed,,reply back
    with more info.
    In the future,do not upload picture files.It would best to upload a ,bbcd file,that way we can check your geometry for mistakes (which I see 1 in your drawing) but also we can apply tool paths if needed.
    I see you are new here,,jsyk here is a great place to hang out and learn https://www.youtube.com/user/Depoalo...view=0&sort=dd
    I up load the rar file ;

OK,I think I know what you want.As been said above,,,,,,,
    You will check the box "pick order" and you will select one hole,then the next,then the next..............in the order you want.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pick order.jpg   holes.JPG  

One thing that I sometimes do for my pick order is pick in order of radial sweep. That is, from origin pick holes at zero degrees than pick holes at one degrees, two degrees ect. That way I can better count the holes in the pattern in the nc. file. ( maybe not for this example though).

thank you for your advice ; are there any other way to do it ? that draw is just sample ; alot of time i have to deal with 3000 holes or more ;

That many holes is just a big job any way you slice it. If only making one part probably save time on the programming end and just let Bob pick the order. If making several then it might be worth the effort of hand-picking in order to save machining time. I don't know of any reliable way to create a specific machining order quickly on that many holes.

learn how the "tool path patterns work"
    Here I am doing 2500 holes in a zig zag fashion

Depending on the hole layout I belive you can use a pattern to create them and then it will follow that order instead of having to pick them one at a time. I never do this though as I have Autocad & solidworks to draw stuff in.

thanh for all your advice ;
    the holes lay out on triangle pitch ; it will take all day to pick every hole ; i have no problem with gibbscam ;

I have no problem with BoBCAD

I already showed you some ways to do it.

If you uploaded a more accurate .bbcd file,,probably give you a better way to do it

But you got Gibbs,,,waste of my time,no problem

thanks Jrmach
    I got Gibbs before ; now with the new company I start use Bobcad

I have done parts with 3000+ holes in them before and just let the software pick the order, takes less then 5 seconds to window all the holes. I see no reason why the pick order is really that important in any situation. So it does a big circle then comes back, who really cares, it's going to try to find the shortest path.