586,651 active members*
2,515 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

TL2 Dimensions

As I said in a previous post, I recently ordered a TL2 with a chip enclosure. I am currently looking as to where in my shop to put it. I have plenty of room but I want to optimise it. I am wondering from anyone who has a TL2 how much room they left from the rear door to the wall and the distance from the wall to the front of the machine. I have the dimensions from haas but would like some first hand info. Does the rear door need to be able to open the whole way? From what I can figure, with the rear door able to open the whole way, the front of the machine would be around 9 feet from the wall. Is there anything else that I should consider when placing this machine that could be easily overlooked?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Ideally for service the door should open 90 degrees but I would bet most work could be done in there with a little more that 45 degrees.
    Nine feet from the wall is too much lost space.
    I have had mine for 3 years and have never HAD to open the cabinet for anything other than curiosity. I had my TL1 angled into the corner of the shop so it was out of the way and I could open the cabinet door into the corner if need be.
    I say put it right up against the wall if space is a problem and get a 5000/5500 lb. pallet jack (300-400$) and you can move it wherever you want in the shop with a little block work.

On my TL-2, before putting it in place, I've removed both hinge pins because I had not many room space to put it in our tooling shop, so when it's time to check something in the enclosure, I simply remove the door but the Haas tech don't like it very much but eh, I told him "Are you trusting the reliability of Haas machines?" He told me yes so I replyed "So you would probably never go behind the machine!" Check the attachement photo, you will se that my machine is near the wall.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1601.JPG  

Thanks for the info. Much Appreciated!

tl2

if you have a pallet jack just put it aganst the wall need service done move it away from the wall save you alot of room you will need space at the end for the door to go it shoots out about 2 ft on the right and half a foot on the left

Yeah but doing that, you would have to leveled the machine again.

tl2

ok i know some some may agree with this and some will not but the tl do not have to be perficty level the bigger mills and lathes do, more mass moving thing and coolant drain are why you those have to be perfect. you can level the tl with a house level and thats good enuff you dont need a machinest level just make sure all the feet are on the ground and it dosnt rock and you are good to go