586,655 active members*
3,368 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Sad news?

Sad news?

Bob Warfield just posted some awful news that I hope isn't true. See Greg Jackson Has Passed Away - CNCCookbook CNCCookbook

Re: Sad news?

This is sad news indeed.

I found this newspaper article about the accident.

Lake Michigan drowning 'tragic accident'
    mike sr

Rest in Peace, Greg.
    Tim
    Tormach 1100-3, Grizzly G0709 lathe, Clausing 8520 mill, SolidWorks, HSMWorks.

Wow

RIP Greg

Bill
    Manufacturing & Development
    ThermaeCooling.com

very sad indeed! this is something that should not have happened!! Greg has been a visionary in the CNC world and the products of his thoughts have changed a lot of lives! Rest in Peace Greg your input
    will be sadly missed.
    Will

Man, this is some terrible news! I am a new Tormach owner and one of the things that drove me to Tormach was their attention to detail and the best customer service I've seen in my 27 years of being in business. I know that 99% of that culture comes from the leadership at the top. Greg, Rest in Peace and know that you touched the lives of so many people with your vision. Thank you for everything you contributed in your life and you will be truly missed. My heart also goes out to the Tormach family. Hang in there guys, put trust in your faith and let your thoughts wander to the good memories that you shared with Greg.

Rest in Peace Brother Greg

Andrew
    The Body Armor Dude - Andrew

How sad! I am in shock, My heart also goes out to his family at home and work.
    The world has lost a person with vision.
    Lane

This is terrible news. Although I never had the chance to meet him, I'm sure he was an amazing person as he shaped an amazing company with great people. Without visionaries like Greg, people like me might never have the ability to put a CNC machine in their garage.

My prayers for his family and friends.

Rest in peace Greg, you were a visionary! It's my sincerest hope your vision lives on for many years!

I've met and talked with him numerous times. He was a great guy and will be missed. He surrounded himself with great people, and the success of Tormach will be his Legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by kstrauss View Post
    Bob Warfield just posted some awful news that I hope isn't true. See Greg Jackson Has Passed Away - CNCCookbook CNCCookbook
    Oh dear. This is terrible, sad news. Greg was an exceptionally talented visionary.

Being in New Zealand I never met him, but spoke with him via email many times, and he struck me as exceptionally bright, experienced and professional. This is a great loss on many levels.

Condolences to his family, friends and work colleagues.

Rest in peace Greg.

Keen

This is extremely sad. I never interacted directly with him but the way he treated me as a second-hand Tormach owner, the phenomenal culture, company and product he helped create, and everything I hear from others who did have the pleasure of meeting him in person speak volumes about the man, the engineer, and the business person he was. My thoughts are with his friends, family and colleagues.

RIP Greg.

This is really terrible news, especially given his age. I only met Greg a couple of times but in both instances he was professional and a genuinely nice guy. RIP

Our lives are precious. We work, think, play and dream. Tormach's success is the sum of these activities by this man. I have never met Greg Jackson, but I was immediately sold on his products and Tormach's business practices. Greg Jackson has left an impression on me and my business practices. Well done Greg.

Greg changed the cnc world with his business model. He'll be missed

Sent from my K011 using Tapatalk

I only met Greg once, but I called for tech support a couple of times and he actually answered the phone and he knew who I am. He will be missed.

Rest in peace Greg.
    You can buy GOOD PARTS or you can buy CHEAP PARTS, but you can't buy GOOD CHEAP PARTS.

Very sorry to hear about this.

He helped build one of my favorite companies.

There is an inspirational summary of Jackson's achievements at Greg Jackson, 1952-2015 | Milling Around