586,780 active members*
6,424 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > International / Regional Forums > Australia, New Zealand Club House > Buy a Red Sail RS-6090 from china or from Aussie importer with warrenty ?

Buy a Red Sail RS-6090 from china or from Aussie importer with warrenty ?

Hi Everyone

My name is Carl, I live in Perth and very glad to find this site.
    I am looking at buying my first cnc; a Red Sail RS-6090. Beyond Tools (2kms away) imports them and sells them for $4450 with a 12 month warranty, or could buy one online for around $3000. Not sure which way to go. Any advise or links to previous discussions would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.
    Carl

Re: Buy a Red Sail RS-6090 from china or from Aussie importer with warrenty ?

Importation costs can add up - does your $3000 figure include port fees?
    If not, I'd be tempted by the local support (if that mob are any decent, I don't know) and warranty.
    7xCNC.com - CNC info for the minilathe (7x10, 7x12, 7x14, 7x16)

Thanks pippin,
    I thought it may be that way. Since I have never imported anything before and not knowing what import duties are $$$ wise; I might have ended up paying more.

cheers. Carl

It's all great until you need use the warranty. Shipping back to China is expensive, and that's if you get a response from the seller at all. If the seller has a shop front that you can visit, that helps a lot. It doesn't guarentee they are reputable company, but it's a lot better than a drop-shipper with a just a PO Box and email address or a seller overseas.

I'd go with the local bloke. You should be able to see the actual machine you are going to buy in operation before handing over your cash.
    Cheers,
    Hicks

Hi Carl,

How did you go with the purchase? I'm looking at the same size and spec machine from China off Alibaba.. Quoted 2200usd, and about $150 to get it to Freo.. At work were always bringing in containers from China so I'm looking at saving a few dollars there, talking with my freight forwarder regarding any surprise landing costs I'm likely to encounter..

I figure Beyond Tools is marking up the machines by about 100%, so the quality seems to be ballpark with what I've seen on Alibaba..

What does everyone think? I'm going to start digging through the forum so I might answer my own question!

Portable Woodworking Cnc Router 6090 For Advertisment - Buy Cnc Router 6090 For Advertisment,Cnc Router 6090,Hot Sale Mini Cnc Router 6090 Product on Alibaba.com

Cheers

As far as I can seeALL Oz retail prices are double the USA retail prices.
    I web-shop.
    But ... a warranty can be worth money.

Cheers
    Roger

Hi Carl. Did you end up making a decision?

I purchased a Redsail X700 fro Beyond Tools late last year (2014). Yes the price was much dearer than ordering direct from China but I justified it as Beyond Tools has technicians and an Import manager that has far more experience dealing with Chinese manufacturers.

Turned out to be a good decision as Beyond tools twice received a sub par batch of lasers before okaying them to be forwarded onto their customers (including me).

The downside to this was it was a lengthy wait (6months), and communication was a bit lacking from Beyond Tools (not sure if this was because they saw my purchase as somewhat minor compared to other customers)

Having received the laser recently, it is good to have English speaking technicians to troubleshoot with as problems do (and have) occurred.

Hope my experience helps you make a decision accordingly and the purchase goes smoothly for you

SIX months?
    I might have despaired and asked for my money back before then.

Cheers
    Roger

It started to get to that point, but they were ensuring the quality of the product which would have presumably taken me longer than 6months along with the backwards/forwards shipping. I guess that's where you just need to way up the odds taking into consideration what you do and don't want to have to deal with.

Hello CarlW,
    My name is Seven,I work in a manufacture which produces cnc cutter ,if you have interest in metal cut machine,please feel free to contact me.
    Also I have a friend in perth who is in machines,all kinds of machines,perherps we have the machine that suitable to your needs.I can give you
    further suggestion according to your detail needs.
    Please write to my email adress:
    [email protected]
    Cheers,
    Seven

I will do as you too,6 months is unreasonable.

Hello Thefitz,
    Next time You can have a consider about Chinese machine,the quality can be trusted and producing period is much more shorter than 6 months.
    Normally include the producing period and shippment,we can make it in 2 months or less.
    Cheers,
    Seven
    Quote Originally Posted by thefitz View Post
    Hi Carl. Did you end up making a decision?

I purchased a Redsail X700 fro Beyond Tools late last year (2014). Yes the price was much dearer than ordering direct from China but I justified it as Beyond Tools has technicians and an Import manager that has far more experience dealing with Chinese manufacturers.

Turned out to be a good decision as Beyond tools twice received a sub par batch of lasers before okaying them to be forwarded onto their customers (including me).

The downside to this was it was a lengthy wait (6months), and communication was a bit lacking from Beyond Tools (not sure if this was because they saw my purchase as somewhat minor compared to other customers)

Having received the laser recently, it is good to have English speaking technicians to troubleshoot with as problems do (and have) occurred.

Hope my experience helps you make a decision accordingly and the purchase goes smoothly for you

CarlW did you in fact purchase the Redsail RS-6090 from Beyond Tools?

Regards Wayne