Whoops, sorry guys didn't mean to abandon this thread. Been busy watching some videos thanks to a very helpful friend

Rob I don't doubt your experience in this area for a second, I was very much hoping you would chime in. Is there anyway possible you have a "demo" computer around that you can try this excercise in the latest build of V26 (1482)? Or anyone else for that matter?

Here's the deal. I NEVER, EVER, EVER, NOT ONCE, NOT IN THE FUTURE, NOT IN ONE SINGLE VERSION have EVER used either a: automatic tool numbering or b: "System" tools. I got my reasons and I have no idea if I'm missing some wonderful world of BobCAD but I don't use them. Creating tools "on the fly" is a disaster waiting to happen and I've just accepted that.

Alright, now that I've established that, build 1482 will not face with a "turning" tool and not turn with a "facing" tool. If you try to turn and face with the same tool BobCAD will disregard one or the other and create it's own "System" tool. This is what I am seeing and my only question is whether I am using the software wrong by attempting to turn and face with the same tool. It seems a common task so my assumption is that I'm doing it wrong or there is a bug. I'm ok with a bug, I will simply workaround it (already have). But am I off base here thinking I should be able to face and turn with something like a CNMG which is fairly neutral? I'll post a file in just a moment.