586,960 active members*
2,952 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > BobCAD V26 Lathe Same tool Face and Turn

Threaded View

BobCAD V26 Lathe Same tool Face and Turn

Alright, I had a very humbling day completely dedicated to figuring out the lathe side. This has to be the fourth or fifth time I've tried to interact with the lathe module and came up empty handed (hand programmed the damn thing). I've watched two dozen video on BobCAD lathe and can't seem to find the answer to (what seems to me) a very simple question.

Can you face and turn with the same tool?

I assume you can. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? It seems to me that once I set a tool up to either face or turn, it only wants to face or turn.

Example: I set up a "Face Rough" feature to trim 0.030" from the face of the part. The orientation is a "Facing-5" (tool dynamically drawn).

I then set up a "Turn Rough" feature with a "Turn Rough" and a "Turn Basic Finish" toolpath. For the Rough or Finish tool in this feature I can go into the tool crib and manaully select the tool I used to face and everything seems fine. But when I post, it's showing a tool change. I go back to edit the feature and find that it is automatically reverting to a different tool to "Turn". It just won't take it.

I assume there is a flaw in my workflow or a misunderstanding about something but I'm completely lost. It seems that all the videos I watched skim right over tool selection.

A blank file is attached. Can someone show me a quick example of how you would face and turn the flange on the end of this part using the same tool?
    Attached Files Attached Files