586,384 active members*
3,643 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

buying a cnc laser, advice is welcome

I decided to get myself a cnc laser. After reading around and looking at u.s. prices, I quickly found this site and the review of the g. weike laser another user had imported.

Having lived in china, and being a lot more trusting of their products, I immediately decided this was the route I wanted to go. From here I hopped on alibaba and used my vapor shop account (we buy our bottles and labels from aliaba) to get buying requests.

The request I submitted was very basic.
    1300x900 worktable
    150w laser
    motorized table
    red dot pointer
    rotary tool
    auto focus

In less than 10 days I had been contacted by over 15 vendors. One problem I ran into was that I had asked for an oxygen assist to cut very thin stainless (as I have seen 150w lasers do) this led to some very high quotes. I honestly think this should just be an extra feed coming in down below the lens to push in a gas to make a plasma? Should this optional part really make a machine run $3,000 more? Or am I missing something? Is it in quality of laser tube?

The quotes I was getting for a machine without any metal capabilities were in the range of 4-5k, the machines to add an oxygen feed usually came with a reci tube and ran in the range of 7-9k. Is it the tube quality that allows a 150w laser to get through 1mm stainless?

In the end I plan to use it mostly for leather cutting, it's a hell of a lot easier than making patterns for use with a hydraulic press every time you need to cut leather.

It's not like the purchase of this machine will make or break a business, worst case scenario it's a machine I hope to break even with over the course of its life, best case it pays off sooner than that. Beyond the questions I've asked here is there any obvious feature/option that I've totally overlooked? I'd appreciate any advice as I don't have any way to go and see one other than youtube.

Re: buying a cnc laser, advice is welcome

Dear Evlimeca,
    If cut thin metal and other nonmetal ,we would like to suggest the metal&nonmetal machine , its precision is higher than plasma, also it can cut nonmetals like the lether ,acrylic, they are both co2 laser tube ,but for metal, we use the auto adjuster ,this help a lot to cut steel ,and also the tube we choose the best one ,not all tube can cut metals ,also the laser head is diffrent , besides the metal machine ,we use the ball screw and servo motor for high precision
    Any others feel free to ask us
    Best Regards

Quote Originally Posted by evlimeca View Post
    I decided to get myself a cnc laser. After reading around and looking at u.s. prices, I quickly found this site and the review of the g. weike laser another user had imported.

Having lived in china, and being a lot more trusting of their products, I immediately decided this was the route I wanted to go. From here I hopped on alibaba and used my vapor shop account (we buy our bottles and labels from aliaba) to get buying requests.

The request I submitted was very basic.
    1300x900 worktable
    150w laser
    motorized table
    red dot pointer
    rotary tool
    auto focus

In less than 10 days I had been contacted by over 15 vendors. One problem I ran into was that I had asked for an oxygen assist to cut very thin stainless (as I have seen 150w lasers do) this led to some very high quotes. I honestly think this should just be an extra feed coming in down below the lens to push in a gas to make a plasma? Should this optional part really make a machine run $3,000 more? Or am I missing something? Is it in quality of laser tube?

The quotes I was getting for a machine without any metal capabilities were in the range of 4-5k, the machines to add an oxygen feed usually came with a reci tube and ran in the range of 7-9k. Is it the tube quality that allows a 150w laser to get through 1mm stainless?

In the end I plan to use it mostly for leather cutting, it's a hell of a lot easier than making patterns for use with a hydraulic press every time you need to cut leather.

It's not like the purchase of this machine will make or break a business, worst case scenario it's a machine I hope to break even with over the course of its life, best case it pays off sooner than that. Beyond the questions I've asked here is there any obvious feature/option that I've totally overlooked? I'd appreciate any advice as I don't have any way to go and see one other than youtube.
    Lucy Lee G.WEIKE LASER
    [email protected]