587,006 active members*
3,163 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > SpectraLite Mill control software--HELP!

Unhappy SpectraLite Mill control software--HELP!

I am a High School shop teacher and I have a Spectralite mill (early model) that I am trying to get running on a Win2000 computer. The machine was last running on an old win95 setup using the DOS based program it came with. Worked great for what we were doing for the last 12 years.

Ufortunately some dumb @#! teenager thought it would be funny to format the hard-drive and more unfortunately the control software floppy disks are corrupted.

I recently got a copy of BobCad V20 to try to revive the machine based on assurances by the sales rep it would be all that I would need to generate code and control the mill. It generates code just fine, but it definitely has no control panel to make the mill go. Also if anyone knows the baud rate and parity settings in BobCad to "Send" code to the mill it would be appreciated.

Anyone know where I can get some software to bring this mill back to life. Really don't have any funds so free would be best.

I can be reached at:

[email protected]

Thanks for any help,
    Dennis
    707 332 4509

Here's the base motion program, hope it helps.
    http://rapidshare.de/files/33949225/cnc.rar

uuuuuuuhhhhhh............Thanks?

thx,

It would be nice if those asking for help would bother to check back and ackowledge the assistance, wouldn't it?

Mike

My sincerest apologies. Thanks to all who pointed me to sources of sotware. It's been really hectic at school and I had to put this project on the back burner for now but hope to get back to it after X-mas break, and as such have not been checking the site.

Peace,

Dennis