586,426 active members*
3,077 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

FANUC OM PC-CNC

Hello partners, we have a "new" cnc milling machine (YCM VMC 60-A) with a fanuc om control, i dont know how to pass programs of the pc to the cnc, we need all the information possible because we have not idea, please help me,,

Re: FANUC OM PC-CNC

I've got a YCM NXV1020A with the same control I would guess. You will need to make sure your PCMCIA card is selected in the settings. I can't remember the number off the top of my head, but I think you set the channel to 4 (press the offset button twice to get to this screen if I remember correctly)

My process goes like this:

This is for DNC'ing a program - if you want to actually load the program onto the controller, I can probably walk you through that also.

Save the .nc file to a pcmcia/sd card adapter on the computer
    Place card in the machine
    Press "Tape" button
    Press "Program" button
    This is a little fuzzy, but something like this:
    Right arrow on the screen until you see DIR - Press that
    Press the Change Device
    Select Card
    Select Refresh (should bring up a list of files on the card)
    Look at the number to the left of the file you want to run
    Hit the reset button (in case a program was running previously - otherwise it might give you CNC still running error)
    Press the number of program you want to run
    Select DNC Set
    Hit the green button to start the program

Thanks for reply, but my machine doesnt have slot to the PCMIA, we use a rs232 wire 25pin(cnc)-9pin(pc) i used this configuration: DNC software. CNC and DNC settings for Fanuc 0M. but when i put the 0038 and 0051 parameters, apears a alarm (000 ALARM P/S) i use the software "dnc precision" and i did that to ask a program:

-EDIT mode
    -PRGRM
    - i put the name of the program (for exmple : O1001)
    -OUTPUT START

and i send the program from the pc, but the machine does nothing, I think there are many things that are not right but i dont know how to solve them, need someone to guide me, please help!

Sorry, but I don't use RS232 any longer - actually that was the reason for upgrading to a new YCM machine for me - my programs are way too large to transfer via rs232 on the old machine. Hopefully someone else can help you.

Quote Originally Posted by sdfoiler View Post
    Sorry, but I don't use RS232 any longer - actually that was the reason for upgrading to a new YCM machine for me - my programs are way too large to transfer via rs232 on the old machine. Hopefully someone else can help you.
    I hope someone help me, thanks very much for trying!