586,590 active members*
2,784 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

40W CO2 laser issues - driver?

I just purchased the laser linked below from amazon. I have it all hooked up and I installed the software I can find on the CD they sent me. There were no instructions and the CD was in Chinese so I sort of flew by the seat of my pants. I have the dongle plugged in and from what I can remember, it said it installed the driver, but I don't know if that's the driver from the dongle or the laser because when I go to use LaserDRW (since Coreldraw won't even install properly), it shows an hourglass but the engraver doesn't move. I can't get the laser to fire or the current regulator to move. The light on the board inside the machine is on as well as the power indicator light. As far as I can tell, everything is wired properly, including the ground wire. Please help! I've tried google, bing, and yahoo as well as the boards here and I've found nothing of tremendous use.
    -Stan

Amazon.com: Co2 Laser Engraving Cutting Machine 3020 Laser Engraver with Usb or Parallel Port Support Winsealxp 2013 40w 200*300mm Duty Free

Re: 40W CO2 laser issues - driver?

Hello Stan, this is Nolan from ThunderLaser, hope my suggestion can help you.
    1. I check the link just now, your software is MoshiDRAW software, right?
    but we use RDWorksV8 software, it is different, so I don't know how to help you, sorry for that.
    we have many tutorial videos on our website, even though the software is different, you can have a look.
    How to use laser software - Thunderlaser

2. by the way, you can't get any help from your supplier? just ask them how to do and send videos to you.
    it's their duty to provide tech support to their customers.

Dear,

Driver should be suitable for the board card, please take a picture or tell me the brand of your board card, we can send you the driver program for free.

Best&Rgds
    Apple
    EETO Machinery Co., Ltd
    Office 1401, Building B3, Wanda Plaza, Economic & Technology Development Zone, Wuhan, China
    Tel:400-027-1897 Fax:027-84618501
    Mobile: +86-15527861820(Whatsapp Available)
    Web:www.eetomachinery.com
    E-Mail:[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan Yang View Post
    Hello Stan, this is Nolan from ThunderLaser, hope my suggestion can help you.
    1. I check the link just now, your software is MoshiDRAW software, right?
    but we use RDWorksV8 software, it is different, so I don't know how to help you, sorry for that.
    we have many tutorial videos on our website, even though the software is different, you can have a look.
    How to use laser software - Thunderlaser

2. by the way, you can't get any help from your supplier? just ask them how to do and send videos to you.
    it's their duty to provide tech support to their customers.
    1) I wasn't given MoshiDraw. I was given LaserDRW.

2) I have been in contact with the seller. I'm grateful that they've made the effort to learn English so they can try and help me, but their English is broken at best so communications are very tough. They're quick to respond and eager to help, but I'm not really making headway.

Quote Originally Posted by gnapple View Post
    Dear,

Driver should be suitable for the board card, please take a picture or tell me the brand of your board card, we can send you the driver program for free.

Best&Rgds
    Apple
    EETO Machinery Co., Ltd
    Office 1401, Building B3, Wanda Plaza, Economic & Technology Development Zone, Wuhan, China
    Tel:400-027-1897 Fax:027-84618501
    Mobile: +86-15527861820(Whatsapp Available)
    Web:www.eetomachinery.com
    E-Mail:[email protected]
    That would be great. I'll take a pic of it when I get home. Thanks!

Attachment 277812

Here it is, I am not sure I want to take the casing apart since it might void the warranty.

EDIT: deleted

Ok so a friend of mine took a look at this last night with a multimeter, and this is what he found. The power supply is providing 24V and 0.9V to the controller board. On the board itself, it states that it needs 24V and 5V. We hooked a jumper wire up to a normal PC power supply to give the controller board the 5V it needed, and it was instantly recognized by my PC. The conclusion is that the factory power supply is shot somehow. We checked continuity on the wire harness provided just to make sure the power supply wasn't the only problem. The harness is good. Any chance that one of you guys knows what specific power supply I have? (pictured below) I am asking for a replacement from the seller, but it might be good to get one stateside to save time.

I apologize for being ignorant when it comes to this stuff. Stupid me took a pic of the power supply, rather than a pic of the controller board as was requested.

There is 220volt and 110 volt laser on the market.... Are you sure you have right one?

I have it plugged into a 110V socket if that's what you're asking.

Okei! But are you sure yout power supply is 110v? There is same machine with 220v and sometimes they put wrong stickers.....

I don't know. How would I figure that out? It's putting out the correct 24V to the laser, it's just not putting out 5V to the controller board.

Is there any sticker or product code or something if you check tour power supply. 220v powersupply with 110v give something out but laser not firing...

I'm not home right now so I can't take any more pics, but this is one I took of the sticker on the side of the power supply. Does this help? I've tried searching the "KH-40W" and it just takes me to a lighting and power supply manufacturer's site. I don't know what model this is. I have a feeling the bottom number is a date of manufacture used as a serial number.

Quote Originally Posted by sstralkowski View Post

I'm not home right now so I can't take any more pics, but this is one I took of the sticker on the side of the power supply. Does this help? I've tried searching the "KH-40W" and it just takes me to a lighting and power supply manufacturer's site. I don't know what model this is. I have a feeling the bottom number is a date of manufacture used as a serial number.
    My K40 laser has the same PSU, with one difference.. I ordered the 110V version.. not that it makes any difference AFAIK because mine has a 110/220 switch on the side.
    The F series number on mine is F20150120.
    I think its just the production year and voltage designation.

FWIW my PSU is currently dead from taking a beating from an open circuit arc to the cabinet.
    I hope to find a replacement, althought the ebay auction says it has a 2 year warranty, I've already been battling with the seller to get a new set of optics and a new laser tube.. My machine looked like it was dropped afew times when I opened it up.. but the box was perfect.. so the damage was done at the factory or in their S/R department.

hope my info was helpful.

FYI: KH- 40W激光电源 (KH-40W Laser Power Supply)
    The top bit I cant get translated, its something like certified or quality..

I contacted the manufacturer and they're shipping me a new power supply. It should be here some time next week. They also gave me a $20 refund for my troubles. It's not much, but it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by sstralkowski View Post
    I contacted the manufacturer and they're shipping me a new power supply. It should be here some time next week. They also gave me a $20 refund for my troubles. It's not much, but it helps.
    You got in touch with the manufacturer?! or just the seller?
    I have a defective power supply and according to the ebay auction it has a 2 year warranty, but who do I contact to get it warrantied? my seller is a real ****bird and I cant even get the parts that were damaged to my door and it's been 2 months

I spoke to the seller from Amazon, who then contacted the manufacturer of the power supply. I assumed the seller was the manufacturer of the unit, and that they were contacting their parts manufacturer. I could be totally off on that. They gave me no trouble at all. Aside from delays via email due to time zones, but that's to be expected. It's one of the reasons I bought on Amazon rather than ebay.