586,129 active members*
2,986 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: WHEN..... should you install PP

Quote Originally Posted by JohnToner View Post
    The "tutorials" do little more than demonstrate the presenter's knowledge.
    Youre right John. and I think the practice it several times so that they dont make a mistake running at breakneck speed ha!!

I put Pathpilot on because I have had occasional problems with Mach/ windows , the soft limits are very nice, as long as the machine is referenced, you cant hit the limit switches, on a large part, and that is very nice!
    It is somewhat simpler than Mach, and I havent had a glitch yet........

Hitting stop or feedhold doesnt change the part reference to your zero point, it can just be started up again and run as if nothing happened.
    mike sr

Quote Originally Posted by JohnToner View Post
    Mike,

No way I'm giving up my Vista. Well, after two months of retirement, I'm finally adjusting. I bought a new Corvette just to cheer myself up :-) That really got rid of the old retirement blues! I sprung for BobCad. I really like it, not because its so great, but because its the only CAD I've ever used so I don't know any better. The tutorial video was about as useful as boobs on a boar. So I printed out the text version and was able to get a design of my own as far as running a satisfactory simulation. I haven't figured how to set the software up for a Tormach 1100. BobCad's list of machines includes everything except the Tormach. If I have to buy a Post, there will be a nice BobCad appearing on Ebay!
    There are multiple post processors available for the Tormach PCNC 1100 for free download on bobcad's website. I am using one with no issues with Tormach's Mach3 controller. But yes, there is not one for PP yet. They will give you 3 customized posts as long as you have a active support subscription which is pretty cheap $300 a year and their tech support is really good. And yes I agree, their tutorials are a bit lame and not too helpful

It doesn't take a lot to make the Mach BCC post run PP-- I'd post mine but it's too customized to be that useful. Basically post some code with it and then fix the errors PP barfs on since they are mostly bogus code.

Might be worth making a copy with the Break-arcs-into-lines setting turned on just in case you run into the Arc Radius Too Small error in PP, you can switch the posts and repost.

Page 2 of 2 12