Hello Fellows, I have a new to me Hardinge CHNC II lathe and I am trying to figure out the programming using V23 lathe and I am running into some problems and hope you can help me figure out the best way to solve them.

Essentially every thing is backward on V23 to my machine. BobCad 23 is using right hand coordinates with Z+ away from the spindle face and X+ away from the operator, but the machine uses left hand coordinates which is the same for Z+ but X+ is towards the operator.

At first I thought it would be no problem I just changed the view so I was looking at the bottom instead of the top and that makes the actual drawing fairly easy, however when you go to pick your tool orientation and all of that every thing there is backwards too. The M3 & M4 for the spindle rotation is backwards as well.

So I am wondering if there is a way to reverse these things so that they match the machine. It has been suggested that maybe the X output needs to be reversed in the post processor not sure if that will correct the problem or not. I noticed in V25 it looks like you are able to switch the X+ and X-. Is that possible in V23?

I imagine that someone out there is using Bobcad for one of these machines and has already overcome these problems.

Thanks Gary Breiling